Followers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Finishing up Christmas?

Recycling is a genuine process that we should all follow in every way of our lives on all levels that we live... On Split Coast Stampers one of the challenges was to recycle gift wrap, ribbon and or cards... so I had a few things that I wanted to preserve.... one was this ATC from Sandy Withers, and this ornament from Sarah... I love them both, and knew that they would get lost or damaged in the Christmas things... so I preserved them this way...

Sandy Withers sent me a lovely ATC... and so I took it and made a Gate fold card and put it on the front... Added a little bow and it was a charming and easy way to save this ATC...

But then being me, I had to get a little more detailed and made this card... with the all white mode that I have been in recently...




Well I thought I was finished with Christmas, but I am still working on it in so many ways... I guess with the theme of winter it is never over until I get 100 % into the spring mode of working... which is presenting itself quickly....but I still had a few more things I wanted to get onto paper...

At Splitcoast Stampers site, some of the challenges are so much fun.. and they also gave me an idea on what to do with all the store bought Christmas cards... I even used one handmade item an it was so very pretty I have to share it with you all... this is a poinsettia ornament that was sent to me by Sarah Steinbeck from Pittsboro, NC... It was so lovely... and to put it into the ornaments.. it would get damaged... so I put it into a card... I so save all my special cards and this will be one of them... Anyway... I have been in the white mood recently... Maybe because we got about 12 inches of the white stuff... do you think???

Anyway I punched and embossed a bunch of white papers.. .and then glued and cut holes and did this and that.. and finally came up with this card...

1. I took a piece of paper 6.75 X 5 and punched the sides with a Martha Stewart border and corner punch set... and glued that down onto the 5x7 card...
2.. Embossed a sheet of paper with the dotted swiss embossing folder... and when I ran it thru once, I then matched up the dots and ran it thru again on the opposite side so that I had a 5X7 piece of embossed paper... large enough to trim so that it would fit inside the border sheet... and I glued that down...
3. Then I cut the circle out with a colluzle... because it you use your spellbinders circle die, you will squash all the dots... I know as I did that the first time...
4. After the circle is cut out, I then cut another circle out to make the 'wreath' for around the circle...
5. Cut as many 'corner' punches out and then trim so that they fit around the circle and then glu them into place...
6. Glue this circle into place...
7. Final touch... with Liquid pearls from Ranger, put dots all around it...

Okay.. the front of the card it done...
8. Then I hung the ornament from the inside and taped it really securely... and then put another piece of white cardstock with the circle cut out... and the card was finished..

No comments:

Post a Comment