Followers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday, a busy day on Split Coast Stampers

A busy day on Thursdays at Split Coast Stampers, as there are so many fun challenges... and today was no exception... a fun morning...

The first challenge was Color Combination... and for this week it was a moss green, a mango, and pink... so I had fun.. even though I am not familiar with the color names etc... I looked at the other cards and chose what was as close as I could...

The Pear and stars card was the first... I had this dream about this card and created it when I got up... the stars are all painted with this gold powder that Chris gave to me... it turns into this beautiful gold paint... just a little goes a LONG way...
I only loaded my brush a few times to do all that gold painting... amazing stuff.. will have to find out what it is and how to get some.

I then layered all the papers, stamped and painted the pear with my Twinkling H2O's... and then added the bow... which is pink with black polka dots!!! not the reddish hue that it looks like??? oh well.. moving along.

The next Challenge was the Tuesday's Teapot challenge... and I thought this would be fun... as I would send in a recipe for the tea party too... but mine would be a raw cookie recipe... I think some of the gals will enjoy it, if they choose to make it... here it is..

Freezer Cookies

1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup favorite nut
1 large banana
1 red or golden delicious apple
1/4 cup raisins

Soak sesame seeds and raisins, about 3 or 4 hour each. Soak the nuts 12 hours.

Process the ingredients in a food processor or blender until homogenized (mixed thoroughly together in one pasty blend).

Spread in a pan or dish and freeze.

Can be cut up like cookies or fudge squares. Eat frozen. This can also make ice cream sandwiches. Use frozen banana ice cream inside the sandwich.


To make the ice cream... you can puree the banana until all smooth, and then add what ever your favorites are, like nuts, chocolate, etc... then put into the freezer...

When ready to enjoy, you take a couple of the cookies, and some banana cream and make a nice little sandwich... so yummy... and it is healthy...


So this card is for all the little girls in us that love to eat this kind of thing... sweet and delicate as it is...

This card also went into the color combination challenge as the colors are all here too... the mango is on the gem stone on the hup two's hat...




This card was just to do, to replace the card I sent out that was similar to this one... I love the pink and white, and the painted flowers on either side... so delicate and sweet looking... the flowers are painted with Twinkling H20's.. what else.. my very favorite paints...


I also love this dotted swiss embossing folder... it is becoming more and more a favorite of mine... I think I use it at least once a day on something...

Hope that you have a creative and happy day... and that you create many masterpieces today and everyday...

Last night I watched a show on TV about Susan Boyle and To Dream a Dream... what a beautiful person she is in so many ways... wow... to be able to do what she has done in a years time...

Very amazing and wonderful... so remember to Dream a Dream and it will become true...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment