Followers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pussy Willow Paper by K and Company

Have you ever gotten some paper that really sings to your heart??? Well this particular paper really did just that...

My neighbor Sande and I use to have stashes of paper that was SPECIAL... and we never used it... but then we realized that these special papers had to be used at some time.... right??!!??

Well I have tried to move on, and have with some success.. when I get a new pad of paper... especially a really nice one, like from K and Company.. there is this special voice... saying.... don't use that... save it for something really special...

The voice was screaming at me again... but this time it was saying USE it... USE IT NOW!!!! So I did...

I just love this paper... and even though there are a few sheets, I have used almost all of it... I hope you are sitting down Sande... I have really done it... used the special sheets for two cards!!!! And I love them both...

On the back side of the paper, there is this 'bouquet' of willow branches... and so I cut it out... I not that fond of it on the card with the Magnolia girl.. but I do like it... and I love the little bird punch ... so that is good.. I didn't have the right kind of stamp with a simple little bird, so I drew my own and painted it with my twinkling H20's... cut it out and it is super cute sitting there talking to her... don't you think???

Anyway... I have broken the curse of the SPECIAL PAPER syndrome... at least I hope so...

This card I made for my Mom... she spent so many summers of her youth in Maine... and since she lived in Florida full time... it was a special time for her... she loved Maine and the ocean.. and being with all her maternal family was special too.. so this is to welcome Spring into her life...

I know that she is anxious for spring to arrive, as she feels very cooped up in the assisted living place... and she wants out... she has lined up a few friends that are going to take her shopping as soon as the snow melts... she is a shop a holic... a professional to say the least...

So this is for her.. the little birds on the bottom... they are an Inkadinkadoo stamp.. and of course I had to use my spellbinders on both of these cards...

I made the yellow flowers by painting them, glazing them, and then adding details, like beads to the centers... the leaves are made with a punch and then scored to give definition so that they look real...

Thanks for taking a look see... and for visiting my blog...
Hope that you have a great day... can allow yourself to become creatively induced into creating something... and come back again for another visit... I love having you visit.

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie..

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, I just LOVE this paper too! Pussywillows really say Spring, don't they! Wonderful job on this fun card!!

    ReplyDelete