Followers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Create your own background


Oh these inspirational Saturdays... I love them... this week we had to go to t his really lovely site and find something that really inspired us to create... there was way too much eye candy.. but I settled on this one packaging... and it was leaves with the over lay as I have done..

So with this in mind... I will tell you how I created this background... and maybe you will try it yourself..

First, I chose a stamp ... which I chose the sage leaves by Fred Mullet... I love those stamps... anyway.. .I took a piece of white paper and with resist... stamped a number of times on the white paper... then I used Ranger white embossing powder and heated.. then I repeated but this time I used Ranger Stream Embossing powder... then I used my twinkling H20's and spritzed the background... using the Key Lime... and also the solar gold... love the look and the color it turned out... Now I have a piece of paper that is 8.5 X 11 and way to big for a nice 5x7 card... so I SCAN it into my computer... and then print it out so that it is 3x5... a perfect size for my card front... I use a couple of punches by Martha... mixing them.. I used the branch on the sides... adn the butterfly on the corner... perfect for this theme... added a BG paper by K and Company... and mounted my leaf paper onto it... For the focal point... a layered butterfly... with some Liquid Pearls by Ranger... I loved making this card...
Hope that you will try making a background like this... they are fun.. .and I never get bored of making them..

Have a wonderful day..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment