Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Traveling Book

A few weeks ago( A little bit longer... but isn't that how a good story starts) , a very good friend of mine, asked me if I would like to join a group of gals that is just starting to form... and I jumped o the chance to make make a new book...

Anyway the group is now called the Pearly Girls and we meet every two weeks to swap our books out for a new one to work on... Each gal has her own theme... and has created a book for each of us to work on a section in that book.. .the themes seem like fun... one is Random ARTiFACTS, what I love about living in the Carolinas, Recipes, hats, Design, and Nature... mine is getting to know you, since I only know one gal in the group and would like to get to know each one...

So in my book, they have two pages and can do anything that they desire... to create an area that is 100% representative of themselves...
So on these two pages... I have created things that are so me... Each gal has to create a pocket and in that pocket, they need to put a picture of themselves... and also put some facts down too... info that will let me know who they are...

I think that you can see from these pages that they tell who I am... and what I like... on the page with the daisies...(They are my favorite flower... for those that didn't know that... ) there is a book.. and in the book are all kinds of things like my favorite color, the loves of my life... including Glenn and other important facts... in the pocket is a book I created that has all my ART loves in my life... that is why it has legs on that pocket... LOL.. I love to draw legs onto things... Also my love of making medallions from Tea Bags that I have designed... so I had a lot of fun with these pages... Of course it is done 100% with Twinkling H20's... I just love those little paints...

The Cover... I used a Bare Naked Book by Bo Bunny and covered it with K and Company paper... and then added this painting ... I love the effect that I got... a nice release technique... embossing, and then painting (h20's) and then salting.. .and then finally using pearl Ex to accent the areas needed... Love it..

A little fiber... and it is ready for it's journey...
I will show you the other pages I create in each persons book.. and when this gets back I will share the pages that have been created in it... I think this will be a very fun project... and I am excited about being part of this group.. .

I do hope that you will enjoy the trip too..
Have a wonderful day... and enjoy creating something SPECIAL for YOU...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment