Followers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting ready for the tutorial

I am all ready for the tutorial... well almost... still have a few last minute things to do... but it will be ready tomorrow for you to view and play with.. so sharpen your corner punches and be ready to play... your best bet on paper for this is to cute some 8.5X11 sheets in half... that is a good place to start... later you can use smaller sheets... Here are some of the cards I have created using the corner punch paper in the background... This one also has some Flowers from PRETTIES BY BONNIE
And you can print them out any size to get this nice variety of layers...
The background paper is by K and Company...
and the stamp by Sweet Pea... Thanks again Kim... I love these.. I used my twinkling H20's to color the stamp and the flowers...


I call this one the Farm.. Reminds of our farm in some ways...
Our farm is separated by the road we live on... so the house is one side and the farm on the other... but it still is pretty... I just love harvest time... which seems to be every day now... as we are trying to get as much as we can... the weather has been so very hot, and we are in a severe drought... so we are hurting that way..
This stamp is by Impression Obsession... I used colored pencils to color it..
I mounted the stamped paper onto a piece of Core'dinations paper.... I love that paper... so great... and it distresses really nicely too.. I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool... great tool..


Another card that I loved the way it came together.. Fall is in my brain... actually because it rains in the fall around here... so maybe if I ask fall to come, we will get some much needed rain..

I used part of a folder by Cuttlebug and ran inks over it... the rest of the paper from this folder is on the card below... waste not want not..
I used a piece of gold foil from some Green and Black chocolate I was eating... and that is just so much fun... gives the card a real chocolate smell.. LOL

The other day, I had to make my calendar page for the up and coming Calendar Fat Book page and my month is November... so I had made some leaves using glossy paper and my alcohol inks... and so I used a couple that were laying on my table.. I edged them in gold pen..

Some Prima flower buds... and some silk fabric for the bow...
The Pumpkin is a Cuttlebug folder... I love this adorable pumpkin... and have used it so very much.. it is just a GREAT PUMPKIN...


This card is simple to show you that cards can be simple and easy to make and still very elegant in all ways... I used the other piece of embossed paper... which I had from the above card... I used ranger inks to create the color on the paper.. love them too.. I love too many things.. LOL
Then a Pumpkin from Cuttlebug cut and Emboss set... and the background is the punch work..



Another card that is layered with backgrounds that are punched... the Green paper in the way back.. oh my goodness... I had a hard time covering it up.. it is core'dinations and I ran it through my cuttlebug with the Holly stripe folder... the I sanded it.. .yikes is it lovely... I really didn't want to cover it up... but it is my BACK GROUND paper..

Then since the card is 5.5 x 5.5 I cut a piece of paper that was 5x5 and punched the heart punch set around the paper... then I created the other white paper... with the right angle punching... and stamped in the center... and then did a small four way punch.. wow.. really got carried away with punching...

Then I used my poinsettia from PRETTIES FROM BONNIE
which I printed to the size I desired... and painted and cut it out... added some Perfect Pearls by Ranger and LOVE it.. The leaves also come with the Christmas Combination... so I was able to just add another one... not a big deal... when you can create what you want and the size you want too..
A hunter green bow... and it is done..


Here is another one, very similar, but I used a printed piece of paper in the background ... it is from who else other than K and Company... it is a glitter sheet too.. I love them.. they are so very elegantly created..
I added a punched piece that was done in green bazzill paper.. and then polka dots added in the center...
But I can't stop there.. .I added a piece from the center of the 20-00254 embossing Plus folder called
Elegant Ellipse !!!!
I really wanted to make it stand out a little more than it was, so I added the small pearls all around it..
Then another poinsettia from PRETTIES BY BONNIE
Love it...
I named this card 3 white pearls... as it only has 3 pearls.. not four..
Love it... when you are the artist... you are allowed to create and do as you want to.. right???
So I did... having fun..

Okay... this is the last card.. tomorrow how to create all these backgrounds... this one I had so much fun with... I used a piece of Core' dimensions paper... adn then added my white background punced paper... and in the center some Seeing Spots embossed paper... that I used my Linen ink on... to color it...
I colored the wreath... which is from Christmas Combinations by PRETTIES BY BONNIE
I made the wreath a little bit smaller so I could put it in the center of this... and added the berries with Dimensional Pearls by Ranger... love them too.. wow.. .they really kick it out of the ball park for things like this.. love the texture of this card...
I added gold mesh thread and wrapped it all around the Seeing Spots embossed paper..

Now take another stroll through all the cards..
Gather up your tools..
Corner puches, and white cardstock paper
and be ready for a good start tomorrow..
It will be posted at 8:AM EST
See you then... and sleep tight..
REST your hands up..
Hope you have enjoyed these cards.. .I had fun making them to share with you for this tutorial..
See you tomorrow... and thanks for stopping by..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, you must NEVER sleep, girl! These are all so stunning and extraordinary with detailing! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these cards are all such beauties bonnie-my fav is the last one -the wreath card-can'twait to see the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh these cards are so beautiful.
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bonnie! What a bunch of beautiful cards!! You sure have been busy!! Look at all the gorgeous details, texture, colors and images!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are so pretty! My favorite is the pumpkin card and the way you did the sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie your creations are just as beautiful as ever and also thanks for the tutorials...not been feeling the best lately but always manage to come and view your lovely work,

    Thanks for sharing and take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cards are beautiful, but the Sweet Pea card and the poinsettia card with the green polka dot background stand out to me. Very lovely and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful creations, Bonnie! I don't care what you say I know you don't ever sleep! LOL! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an AWESOME technique!! Thanks for sharing, I have never seen this done anywhere. I am now a follower of yours. If you have time from creating your AWESOME cards, please stop by my blog at www.sscrafter.blogspot.com My cards are not in the same class as yours, but I do enjoy sharing what I make. Thanks again for these GREAT cards and technique!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see I see I see, lots of practice for the punching technique there, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete