Followers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Winter trimmings

Oh Winter is on the bough... or so they say... we have had some very nice warm weather the past week... and it is now starting to think about winter... we had to put a fire on today to take the chill out of the house... it was a wee bit nippy... so Winter is coming... and my moods are changing from fall to winter...

The challenge this week at Just Rite was a Sketch challenge... I love to do Sketch Challenges... so this was a lot of fun... Out came the paper .... stamps... oh now which ones to use... I decided since I had to use a square that it would be fun to use a circle... yes... I had to use a circle... ontop of a square... that would be perfect... so these are the cards I made... 



I have wanted to make a PINK snow card for a while now... so I used this adorable little skating bird and added all the pinks I could...
Pink Berries on the holly... and pink background... and this
Huge snowflake from Spellbinders newest snowflake 2010... Wow... it is lovely... I also used the holly stripe from Cuttlebug... and used Ranger inks to accent the holly leaves...

I used a Grand Lace border and ribbon to make the bottom border... and snowflakes from a Martha punch...
I love this little bird... so sweet just skating along with the snow blowing all around it... how wonderful is that...

Another view... 
I made this a little darker, so that you can see more of the details...

I added a lot of pearls to the snowflakes and also to the individual snowflakes 







A closup of this adorable little skater...













Now for those of you who know me...
You know that one is not ever enough...
So here is the second card...

You might also know that I love to create all white
cards... this one is sort of a little bit different... as I
had to add a little bit of color on the stamped in areas... I just HAD to... it felt funny not adding color to these

Holly leaves and wreath.... so it is almost all white..  but I love the way it turned out..... even with the color..

I used the Martha flowers to act as poinsettieas... and then all the punches to create the band for the sketch...

Please check out the blog so you can see the sketch...  Just Rite  is the place to go... also make a card and join in on the fun...

So this card will be there in the gallery... Hope that you have a nice day planned... and that you enjoy the rest of the fall season.. as winter is on the bough...
 



Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world and to see a little bit of the winter feelings.. ...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards AS ALWAYS. Thank you so much for all your inspiration. Congratulations on your win.........you soooooo deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous suite of beautifully detailed designs, Bonnie! Awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely! So many details and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both these gorgeous creations bonnie-congrats also on winning the just rite challenge-that's always exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful winter snow cards Bonnie! love all the layers on these pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, these are dripping with details, Bonnie! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Bonnie! I so love the first one with all the texture. And the large snowflake is perfect!

    ReplyDelete