Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Details of organization

Okay... yesterday I shared with you the right side of underneath my space.. today... it is the left side on the floor...

There is a bin... which I will show you the insides of that... but the purple notebook!!!!  Do you ever print out things that you like, and things you want to do, and Ohhhh I love that card... I love the way that she made the bow... or I love the layering on that... well you print it out... and where does it go???
Into a pile... and can you ever find it when you want to use it???? NO... so this notebook has plastic pages... and also the 'trading card' pages... the ones with the smaller pockets ... like 9 on a page... it you print out snapshot size, it fits perfectly into those little pockets... just enough to remind you of the detail that you loved...

Underneath are drawers that are filled with things like staplers, tools that are used less often, things like that... but what I want to do is talk about this bin...

I am going to bring it up onto the table... and take the bags out...
Just a minute here...

Okay... now can you see better... it is on the table... and we will start to really take a closer look at details...

When you are organizing your craft area... you need a place for YOUR things... mine might not be the same as yours... but  these are suggestions that you might be able to use for the same thing... or something similiar...

When I punch something out ... I might not use it... and I then I punch something else out... and before you know it... I have about 5-6 things punched... and decide to use ribbon!!!!  Now what do you do with all these things... throw them away??? NO NO NO....
But what... I will never find them when I need them... or could use them.. ...  .... Oh yes you can...
Thus this handy... convient bin... with plastic zip lock bags... how inexpensive is that... and it is very effective in so many ways... you can add other things... but this is what I am talking about...

You are in the middle of making a quick card... and need some trim... oh my goodness... I just need 3 inches... Out comes the bag with all the excess Martha punching...
and you pick something out... something that if it wasn't organized you would never find it quickly and would punch another one... this way... you might have your choise of 5-6 things... that you punched yesterday and didn't use on that card... and this matches perfectly... and it is used...

WOW... how convient too...

Have you ever sat and just punched things out... trying to make something...??? I do lots of times... and I might get three sides perfect.. and need four perfect sides for  this card... but some other card I only need 3 perfect sides... oh what a life saver this is...

So as you can see... all kinds of things that are punched are in here..

Now here is another bag...
You have a good friend over who is sharing all her new punches and toys that she bought at the most recent convention... and you dont' know what you are going to use these for... but you LOVE this new idea... and you choose a few colors... and punch a few to use on SPECIAL cards...

What do you do with them... you organize into a trading card page... and slip into a bag and put into the bin... you know where it will be... as this is the first place you look for things already punched and ready to use...

Aren't these pretty...    Marie shared this great punch and I made a lot of these... we also use them on a card... and she won a challenge with it on ODBD.... wow... talk about powerful punches...

And how many times have you shared embossing folders and have a ton of pre-embossed sheets just waiting to be used... I have way too many... and love them all.. and need to be able to find them quickly... especially when in need of one...

So another bag with all the pre embossed sheets... even ones that you have inked and don't like for a particular card... but might use it for another project... I love creating things from just this bin... and I limit myself to just using from this bin... a challenge in it's self at times...

Okay... one last bag... how about all the digital images that you print out... when I print them... I might print 6-8 different sized so that I get the correct one for the project I am working on...
And then when done... I have a whole sheet of extras... and quite a few loose ones... so into the bag they go... I generally will always use them... not a problem... besides... I certainly am not going to throw them away... someone will certainly use them... someday... right???

I jsut recently won 16 digital images and they were sentiments... so I printed them up, so that I would have them handy... and I know exactly where they are!!!  No problem at all...

So this is the bin at my left leg... all kinds of t hings... I can ceratinly add bags, or take away bags... but the idea is to know where certain types of things are...

and with this system I do...
Hope that this helps you in some way...

Have a fun day... organize a little bit each day... dont' get frustrated... and if you don't like it... live with it for a while... and then change it around... just enjoy playing in between all these projects... and you will be surprised at how creative your mind will get as you clean up... you will find things that YOU HAVE TO USE... so stop what you are doing .... and USE IT... and enjoy...

See you tomorrow... with more tips on organizing your spaces...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I,m from India and this is the first time I visited your blog and believe me You are truly amazing for many reasons. 1. You explain things pateiently and beautifully.
    2. You have inspired me to get organized as I,m really really bad at it. 3. You make difficult things look simple. I love everything about you. Thats a truth. Please do visit my blog and leave a comment or two as getting advices from you will be an honour from you.
    I really loved your tutorial on the white card. Its most beautiful. thanks a ton.
    http://craftingforever-anita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I agree with the other comment.....you are amazing. Love all your storage ideas and tips. I'm the same way....I love plastic bins and they help keep everything organized. Have a wonderful day and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete