Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cabbage Rose

A long time ago, in fact after the Fall CHA, a good friend of mine came over for the day… and we played with ALL her NEW toys that she had bought…. We had a lot of fun… one of the new toys was a die cut system from the Netherlands… and I think it was called Nellie Snedden or something like that… anyway… I had cut out quite a few matching sets of the Butterfly set and also of the flower one… and had used it on a couple of cards… but then I was cleaning up my work area and came across the page with all the extra sets… and decided to use one on this card… I love it… it reminds me of Green cabbages growing… even though it is a rose… that is what it reminds me of… and with the theme of the bunny… hey … they love cabbage… So I am calling this card the Cabbage Rose!!!


With that in mind… I used a Cuttlebug folder for the top border… and cut the center out of it… and then made a braid (butterfly loop stitch) for the oval opening… of course this was all planned, as I did another double inked frame from Just Rite… Again the frame is from the Kindness set… and Thinking of you… it is from the set called Adorable Dragon… anyway… I love the thinking of you and wanted that for this card… After popping the frame on pop dots… it allowed it to sit a little bit higher than the braid… which is what I wanted… I used some of the extra ribbon from the braid for the bow… and added a few flowers from Pretties by Bonnie collection of pretties… of course the leaves are also from Pretties by Bonnie, they are from the Dogwood Collection…


I had just bought a few different colors of gems… and these are the ‘brown’ gems… actually they are a golden rust color… but I do like them with this card…

So there you have it… this might be the last card for this challenge… but I love doing this technique… as you can see… and hope that others will join in on the fun at the Just Rite Blog Challenge… com’on over and join in…






Have a fun day… enjoy every little bit of it.. and create something fun… Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I will look forward to your return… which I hope will be soon…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie
    This is sooo pretty. Like the way the sentiment sits above the braid and I still think the braiding is great.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete