Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!!!


Happy Mother’s Day to all you… 


I know that you will see a lot more Mother’s Day cards on this site… but this is one that I just made for the Just Rite Challenge…. It took me a long time to create this card… I have so many WONDERFUL Just Rite stamps that I had to stamp quite a few to see which ones I liked the VERY   BEST…. Then I still had to think about which one I was going to use for this challenge… there were so many that made such a lovely statement… and this one won out… 


BUT I have to tell you something… in the process of deciding which one to use… I did stamp a whole bunch of the choices, colored them in… cut them out with Spellbinders… layered them etc… and now I have a lot of really pretty ‘medallions’ all ready for cards or scrapbook pages… LOL… so is that ever neat or what???   



I am totally in love with these stamps… for many reasons… I have a lot of stamps… far more than I need… but so many of them just don’t STAMP correctly… they miss in areas, are lighter or darker than desired etc etc… and Just Rite’s stamp perfect for me each and every time… I love the designs as they are my kind of themes… pretty, delicate, loving, the sayings are things that if you knew me you would think that I asked Just Rite to make a stamp with these words on them… I love them all the way… just wish that I had all of them… I am working towards it… believe me….

Okay… now this challenge is to use a picture and create a card using the theme or the colors…
So I did both in my opinion..

I really did enjoy the whole process behind this card… a lot of decisions had to made each step… but what fun I had…

The card has two side panels and on them, I put a very delicate yellow dotted paper… and then used Cuttlebug embossing folder for the frame background… and then built up with Spellbinder ovals…  the bottom green edging is another Spellbinder, but I used a braided ribbon on top, which I did make myself… it is called the butterfly  loop braid… love making them… and they add so much to these stamps… 

Okay… the tag… another WONDERFUL Just Rite set… this set has so many GREAT reasons to use it all the time… there is always a saying that is perfect for every occasion… and if you look at Just Rite’s newest releases… you will see that they are releasing yet another set to go along with these…  WOW… what fun…  So this card, I used the Happy Mother’s Day and colored the border with a Memento marker that I won on a Just Rite Challenge… I received the whole set… and don’t know how I lived with out them… they are great colors and seem to do so very much… I do have a few sets of markers, but find that these colors seem to make the perfect set… 

I added one of the crocuses from the stamp on the edge of the tag… just to tie the two in together… love the accent of this… so delicate and sweet…


I used the Spellbinder Butterfly set, and then ran it thru the Swiss Dot Embossing folder…  what a fun pretty butterfly… I used pop dots under the wings, so that when this card is shipped, the butterflies will still stay as you see them…  the tiny little peach bow was added on top of the stamps already present bow…

Well, I hope that the person that will be receiving this, has a wonderful Mother’s Day… I send Mother’s Day cards to a lot of friends that need that special type of card, for so many reasons.. 

Thanks for taking a look at my cards.. and also for leaving all the wonderful comments that you do… I do wish that I could get onto your site and leave messages.. but this WONDERFUL dial up… (tongue in cheek)  doesn’t allow me to visit too many sites at all..

Have a super nice day, and enjoy all the flowers around you…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie this is Beautiful. Love all the pretty details and your butterflies are gorgeous. Love the braided ribbon....adds a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely!! Bonnie, your creations are always so special. Whoever receives this will treasure it!! tfs, gf! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, your card is gorgeous. I really do enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Bonnie! My Mom will be here for Mothers Day again this year so I have a little more time to make a card, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, this card is just perfect. I love how you used the frame embossing folder. I always have trouble trying to use these because they get covered up too much but this worked wonderfully. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete