Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grungy Rock Candy



Birds and bows
Yesterday was GRUNGY    MONDAY  and I had to make something special for this CRACKLE day on the ROCK …. .So I got a tag and started to create something that has been on ‘drawing board’ for a long time… I love this bird sitting on a silver sugar bowl… I use to have one just like it… (a wedding present that I kept for way too long… )  Anyway… I love the color of the bird… the way it has it little beak open to sing a song… so cute…

Anyway… I started to create the back ground and then added my ROCK CANDY crackle…  I had to go do something else as I created this tag in bursts of time in between doing 5 other things… LOL… seems like that is the way my life has been in the past few weeks… crazy… but when I got back it was all crackled and ready to be adorned with other goodies…


So I made my charms… a little birds nest.. some wire, alcohol inks, some white beads for the eggs, and a little tiny silver bird just looking on… a few feathers and some beads… and they were added to the bottom of the tag…


Then I wanted a pretty soft flower… so I got a needle and thread and created my little flower… love it.. I had dyed the ribbon and then made the green loopy vine too…  added a little bow and that section was done…

Then I needed to add a pretty little bird cage… with a friend to talk too… so Just Rites new Bird cage fancy was added… a few dyed ribbons and done…   

Of course you have to realize that most of the supplies are from the Tim Holtz line of products.. ... that Ranger carries...  I used the newest line of Distress stains... (don't know how I ever lived without them...)  and then stamped words all over the tag...  the edge was distressed and again colored with black soot distress stains...  

The Rock Candy crackle... again Tim's ... so if you dont' have any of these things... your paint box needs some attention... go take a look and see what you need.... LOL... we all need it all dont' we???  I know I seem to HAVE to  have it all.. 

I hope you have fun today... and that you can create something that makes your heart sing... have fun no matter what it is... 
Thanks for taking a look at my fun... see you later on with some more maybe...  

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, Bonnie! I love all the embellishments you made - you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and I like the dangley bits ;0) the birds nest is just YUMMY Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag! I love all the details, especially the charms. The singing bird is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Scrumptious, Bonnie1 Hope you are doing great! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag! I love the text background and the vintage bird. What a nice collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your handmade charms and the way you've dangled them off the bottom. Super tag.

    ReplyDelete