Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Haunted House

Many hoots... all day long.... 



My good friend and neighbor Sande came down on Saturday... and it was a day we have been planning for a month now...and finally the day came... ... LOL... we were going to work on our Halloween books and HOUSES...  ..

My printer is not working, so I went to Sande's house to print out some pages... and then at about noon we were down at my studio playing... she has tons of Halloween embellishments... and they were all over the work table...  phew... tons of yummie things... so we started for some reason to work on our books... but soon at about 4 or so, we put that aside as we wanted to get started on our HOUSES... 
Haunted house

Now you have to realize that we each made a book and we each made a house... and even though they might never be finished... as we always add things forever and ever to projects like this... it was a fun day playing and hanging around and playing... for over 9 hours of sheer enjoyment...  on both of our parts... 


Anyway... back to the house... these houses are some of those kraft boxes... that you can buy in different stores etc... we bought a CASE of them... three different sizes... small, med and large... and four of each... so we each have 6 boxes... to decorate and make into something GREAT...  oh what fun..Okay... I am trying to stay on track... but I am so very excited to make sure I tell you everything... 


WE painted our houses with black acrylic paints... and then we started to decorate them... we put all kinds of things around them... 
but one thing was spider webs in the windows... 
This is the side of the house... but you can see the windows pretty good...I also put some of the webbing stuff in the soffets of the house and put in some spiders too...
love it...The black heart trim is plastic... but so great for this... 


I have a scary pumpkin in the window too... 


After we painted the house... I used Tim Holtz's Rock Candy Crackle on the house... also some milled Lavender on the one corner... gives a little bit of something different to that corner... 


Witch from England
Sande travels a lot... and this is one of the wonderful gifts she brought me back from a recent trip to the UK... to See the Harry Potter premiere; ... a WITCH... from the Closes... I hope I have that spelled correctly... please correct me if I am wrong... a very special place... So I decided to use this GREAT little witch on the roof of the house... she is just landing... or maybe taking off.. but I think landing... as she is going to haunt the house...  


The pumpkin is falling off the roof... (glued like that... ) and there is a metal spider on the chimney that I used my alcohol inks on to create it black white and red eyes... love it... The roof is done in 100% tissue tape... and then a light coat of glue... to water proof the house... LOL..


 Along the front of the house there are some Halloween decorations... a few pumpkins, a grave stone... and of course a bottle of poison!!!


Of course in stead of a bell there is the skull and cross bones... with red eyes... (alcohol inks are super good to use on these embellishments from ideology line...
I put some red dye into a small bottle... an then printed a poison label...  A little Christmas fence that was red... was stained with my distress stains BLACK... of course you can still see the red in places... but hey... it is a haunted house... things are always different... right??? 


 A few more details around the house... a few spiders in the cobwebs... and a skull with big eyes... 


scary... yikes... 
 On the inside of the house... this is where the book will be stored!!!  I will show you that later... can't show you everything all at once!!!  


That would be brain problems... 




 The Witch had moved in already... !!!! 
When I went to decorate the inside of the house... the witch had already moved some of here things into the house... on the first floor... a CALDRON... with a stirring stick... and also some ghosts were hanging out on the walls... 




 BUT in the attic... there were tons of witchy things... her crow had already made a next... and there were black cats all over... and witches signs... 
And even a picture of HER... on her BROOM.... and an extra broom... also some Wicked pills.. just in case she needed some help with being wicked...  



Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and to see my haunted house... 


Hope you will come back soon for another visit... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. Really fab, Bonnie! Know you and Sande had a great time! Your house is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete