Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This week the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is  all about Wendy Vecchi... yeah... love her style, but don't have a lot of her stamps yet...  but have started... 

But this project is just a reflection of her style of work... . as I do love it... 

(I have another project up coming ... but it will be a few days prior to it being posted...)  

Okay... this little book is only 4 X 6 inches .... and it is Kraft color...  all lovely chipboard... and I bought it for a mere $1.00  Love the Mighty Dollar store in Hendersonville...  
What great things we all get there... 
 
I made my flower with Tattered Floral die cut by Tim Holtz...  and prior to putting them all together, I did stamp them with some words... and then using my Distress stains colored them... I used quite a few colors... love these things... they should have been invented years ago...  really a dream to use...  

Okay... then I made some papers to create the cover with...  again... using Distress inks, ink pads, stains... you name it... I created a paper for the stems and cut them out... and glued them onto the paper... and then put the flowers onto the front.. I should have waited... as I then had to do each page on the inside... but hey.. .I get so excited about how it is going to look... that i do things in the wrong order at times... LOL.. so silly but the truth... 

Then the fun started... I HAD to make enough papers for each page... and of course stamp on each one... that was 18 papers.. .and if you think I made just 18 you are very wrong... I went a little over board... but that was okay too...  I used my distress edger on each page paper... and then distressed with inks (stains ) too...  (I call it making paper dandruff... as it is all down the front of my clothes by the time I finish... LOL... what a mess I can make in so little time... but since it is all in the name of fun... that is perfect....)  

Okay... so each page is now ready for a little picture, some embellishments and maybe a few memento's  of a past trip...  As this is going to be a Christmas gift... so it will be enjoyed by many hopefully...  once completed...  

I did have fun making this book... as I am sure you can tell... and hope that you have fun creating your project for this challenge... hope you will join in on the fun... there is a $50.00 gift certificate as the prize... so come and join the fun... 

Thanks for taking a look and also for your comment... I really enjoy reading them...  Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

5 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie...the look and texture you achieved on your flowers is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie. Your 4x6 book is beautiful! I love all of your rich colors and textures you are incorporating. Beautiful distressing as well. Your flowers on the cover are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Bonnie! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This is lovely! I, too, like the flowers! the stamps you used are nice too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful I LOVE the flowers they are gorgeous trace x

    ReplyDelete