Followers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Amazing Ornaments

 Today's tags that Tim has created were not really something in my stash... so I made a tag that sort of looks like a combination of the two of them... LOL... Oh well.. 


Tim used a reversed stamp... I have none... so I wanted sort of the same look.. so I took a piece of recycled plastic from packaging and stamped it with Archival black ink...  


Then I got out my alcohol inks.. and a fan... to take away the fumes...  and started to created different alcohol papers... love doing that... I think I did about 10 or so... LOL... I love stashes I can use in the future... anyway.. .I love to be able to choose which one is the best for me to use... so I chose this one... about 6 different greens... and then some Gold... love it.. rich and yummmy.....
Mounted that onto black paper... and then created my actual tag paper by painting with some Twinkling H20's... 


 Then the fun part started...  Yikes this was really fun... taking one of Tim's Charms... I put alcohol ink all over one side...  this one I used Red Pepper and the other one might look like the same color... but it was Watermelon... not enough difference ... but hey.. they are pretty no matter what... Then when dry... I used my black archival ink and stamped a snow flake... as seen and then rubbed off the ink.. then you see the void... 


So I took some silver sticky tape... and put that on the back and trimmed around it... made the little top of the ornament by fancy cutting more of the silver tape..  a little black wire and it was ready to hang on the paper.... 


The oval ornament I used a star stamp.. and I didn't really like the way it turned out... but it had to do... 

I cut a deer out of actual sheet music and used some antique linen stain on the edges... 

I added a rusty snowflake... some seam binding and was done... 

A fun tag to say the least... I learned a lot in doing it... try making some ornaments... I am going to play with this a little more... I think it will be fun... have to go get some warmer clothes on though... the fan is a little bit too much... LOL... 

Hope you have a fun day... and get a creative mess going...  it is all fun... I even love cleaning up... as there are always things to put into or create a new stash... of some kind... 

 
This tag also appears on Inspiration Emporium… so please take a few minutes and check out all the WONDERFUL tags there… they look so different and I personally think there are some there that are not on Tim’s … but check it out…

Thanks Shelly for telling me about this site… I love it… will be going there often…  that is for sure… my kind of site…

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... see you later... 
Please stop by and take a look at my tags each day at 8:00 AM ... there will be a new one each day until the 25th...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

6 comments:

  1. Great tag. It is lovely..I love the vibrant colors the alcohol ink give it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect, but as Tim says, Embrace Imperfection!! I think your ornaments look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag Bonnie, I love your background! I chose this version too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you combined the best of both of Tim's tags!! You ended up a beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Bonnie!
    Love the green.

    ReplyDelete