Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

DREAM

 When I was a little girl I would hang up my stocking hoping that Santa would fill it with wonderful surprises...  oh what a fun time that was... all magical and filled with wonderful memories.... so I wanted to re-create that feeling...  


I used my DREAM die cut and cut into the tag.... and then I started to ink my tag with all kinds of things... first off was the Impression Obsession 6x6 pine bough stamp... love that one... I used.... what else... Iced Spruce!!!  Love that too.... and then using Gathered Twigs I went around the edges with a blending tool....  I distressed the edges and then used some more gathered twigs distress ink to create a little bit darker look...  I spritzed using Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist... and then I used my heat tool to set it...  

Then using a Tim Holtz stamp I stamped the snowflake... again using Iced Spruce... and then Clear Embossing Powder...  I meant to say that the large goldish 'spot' below the charm... that I did when I cleaned up the work sheet after spraying my mist... it is really pretty in real life.... LOL... Love it...  just balances everything... sometimes I just can't leave some of these wonderful things on my work sheet... 

So now I worked on the word DREAM... I used some Distress stain... on my FINGER.... Pumice Stone, Black Soot and also Walnut stain...  then I used a gold pen and went around the letters...  just to bring the letters out... 

Then I created the Shaker Box behind it...  and added PINK STAR GLITTER.... it has to be ancient... as I bought it in the 90's...  early 90's... almost antique value right??? 
 You can see the pink stars in this picture... I love it... so delicate and pretty...  


I added some Seam Binding... some dyed with Victorian Velvet Reinker... and some with Aged Mahogany  reinker...  a little Martha Stewart border of Holly... and then some Bazzill trim... 
 The Charm .... a favorite vintage clip art picture... it so reminds me of that special time on Christmas eve... going to bed... Night Mom and Dad... and the answer would be that when I woke up in the morning, Santa would have been there...  


I didn't have a sister... but I had a brother 5 years younger than me... but this picture was just so typical of that night..  I adhered it to the Idea-ology charm... and then trimmed it off...  I usually get the picture way too transparent when I do that tape thing... and I wanted this picture to be BOLD... even bolder than it is... but I had to do with this...  


Way down on the bottom of the tag I added the third bow... and some bells... how cute are they... 
I love this tag... and now I have 5 more charms that I have to make tags for... which is great... as I am going to be playing all day today... as it is my Birthday and I decided that is what I really want to do today... Husband will be cooking and pampering me 100%...  Have to love it all... right???  

 
This tag also appears on Inspiration Emporium… so please take a few minutes and check out all the WONDERFUL tags there… they look so different and I personally think there are some there that are not on Tim’s … but check it out…

Thanks Shelly for telling me about this site… I love it… will be going there often…  that is for sure… my kind of site… 



Hope you have a wonderful day too... and pamper yourself too... 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

3 comments: