Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

JOY


JOY …. I love the subtle look of this tag too… guess that is a mood I am in today…  it is a nice clear sunny blue sky day in Western North Carolina… and just lovely in all ways… not too cold… and not hot like it has been…. It is a nice day… so why the subtleness???? Not really sure… but something that is really showing thru… maybe I am getting ready for my SPRING things to be brought out… they are screaming loud and clear…  so next week I will be starting again… that is for sure… have to put away all the Christmas and bring out the SPRING!!!!  

Okay… one more Christmas tag…

I started off this morning making background papers… I love doing that… experimenting with inks, spritzing  different things onto the stamps… trying that… and then settle on one paper for a tag… and having to put away the others for another time… which I do use… believe me… I do use all my papers… and I always have a GREAT selection to choose from if I don’t want to make papers and want to make something… 

I do ramble on, don’t I???  Oh well.. that is just me.  


This one I used one of my 6x6 Impression Obsession background stamps… love playing with them… and used a Color box chalk ink… think it was creamy brown… but not really sure… and then I used my Ranger Archival Coffee ink to stamp the branches…  I made a couple of these …as I really loved the effect of the branches on the sides of the paper… 

Then I used the words off the Stamp set called a letter to Santa… I told you… I would use these year round… and so get use to them…   I used black archival ink to stamp them… 



I made a Martha Stewart Frame using the Holly set of the corner and border punch set… using just good old white cardstock…  I had someone write me other day and asked what kind of card stock I use… well it is the kind that you get at Walmart… by Georgia Pacific …. I think there are 250 sheets for $5.00 and change… I bought it a long time ago… at least a year now… as I buy in bulk as much as possible… so I bought at least 10 packages of it… and still have a couple left.. 

Then I made my banner… I stamped the word JOY… and then used the embossing folder to bring the word out… then I used Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen  to accent the banner… 

I folded it and broke the paper as much as possible…  and folded it to make the banner…  I cut some holly leaves from a piece of book paper… and a snowflake from a piece of canvas…  a few assorted sizes and colors of pearls and was done… 

Love it… an old fashioned looking tag… love it… hope you can get this kind of effect too… a soft look… I love this kind of look… 

Again… hope you have a nice Christmas time… or holiday time…  and that you enjoy what ever it is you have planned…  love it all..

I might be back again with some more things… I have to start to wrap… and might share a few more things…  LOL… can’t show too much… as I am not sure when and if my kids look at my blog… sooooooo I will save some until after they receive the gifts… 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit… and have a fun day. 
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment