Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Backgrounds ...YIKES what FUN !

 I had so very much fun with these pages... I hope that you enjoy them too...  I have taken pictures of the process... as the Challenge for Simon Says Stamp and Show is to do our own background...  YIKES... not a problem... get the old journal out... LOL... and start to work on another section...  
I did one yesterday for Altered Alice too... take a look at it if you would like to...  I love making pages for my journal...  and there are certain things that will make it the place to work for the day..  This one was background... I love to do backgrounds of different kinds... and knew that today would be a fun one...  The pictures that follow are the process of many layers of stenciling, spritzing, using liquid pearls for accent... adding flowers I had drawn and cut out and then painted with perfect pearls... (love those misters of that stuff... )  and also just having FUN!!!  That is the biggest part of the process... making a mess and having fun.  

First page is above... LOL...
 The right side of the pages is blues and greens...   This is not a picture of the completed page... sorry I forgot to take it... but you can see the processes below... and put it together in your mind... LOL.. hopefully anyway.. 
Spraying and smearing of paper 
 When I start a page, I smear, spray, spritz, mist the paper with all kinds of colors until I have the desired color... 
 Then I start to add things...  like more layers of color...  Here you can see that I added the dragonfly... which is a stencil that I have used on blouses etc...  I love it... a very old and expensive stencil... but well worth the $
I hope you can see the white leaves...  in spring the leaves come to LIFE... and go from a ghostly stage to VIBRANT greens... which is on the other side of the pages.. . 
 Also the Hand is for PLANTING... which is something that we are doing every day now... today it is root day... which means everything that is a root plant... like a radish, turnip, sweet potato, daikons (chinese radish.. long white thing... delicious... good for cleaning out the liver... yummmmm )  Okay... back to the page...  I also used one of Dyan's Stencils... and create the elongated checkers... love it...  used my Distress ink pads with a blending tool and foam... love that the best.. I have full control over that kind of a thing... when I don't need control of the color... I SPRAY!!!!  And mist...  and let the colors rip!!! 
 Up in the upper left corner I had to put some 'paper' flowers... as Sunday Stamper challenge is to make paper flowers...  So Hels.. I used a baby wipe that i had sprayed with some new Dylusion spray... love the boldness of those colors .... especially for my journal... I am a vivid person in so many ways... 
 So this was a perfect color for these flowers for a couple of reasons... the violets are blooming all over our farm... and it is so very pretty... the pastures are loaded... and so is the back yard... so very pretty...   You can really see the white leaves in this picture... I love the depth that the different colors makes when you stencil... so very different than stamping... lovely. 
 The name of this section in my journal is the COLORS of SPRING... as every color is on here... even yellow.. in the center of the daisies I drew.. I also misted them with Perfect pearls... so very pretty...  


Around the harlequin stencil I have used some of the newest colors... Avocado, and a pink??? don't know the name.. but so very pretty...  This area started out to be a tag, but I didn't like it... so it went into the bin of 'discards' to be used to try other things on... and it finally was used to try the harlequin stencil... and finally it made it to being used... I try and waste nothing in the studio... things are too expensive to toss out...   The letters are from K & Co... and what fun they are to get out of the box and use!!!  They are magnetic like... and cling to the plastic... but I love the look... so I will use them again.. 
 I know this is going to be a long blog... but I have a lot to share... so if you don't want to read... just look... this is where the papers join... as you can see.. I also stamped some words... I love that kind of thing on a background... don't you??? 
 Okay... now over to the right hand side of the pages... on this area, you can see the layers... 
Smearing and spritzing first... then a dark navy used on a stencil... and then stamped with white dabber...then misted with perfect pearls... love it... yikes... what fun is this...
 I had to add a charm... a little dragonfly backed in silver and tied up with a piece of seam binding... my hands are totally destroyed as of now... I don't think you can see any of the original color of my skin at all.. I am a massive MESS... and I love it... I think it is on my face too... dont' want to look right now... 


Okay... my blog just decided that is was not going to let me go down next to this last picture...  so you will have to look down later..   I added another hand... the hand with the eye... (a stencil) and used my black distress ink pad... and the flower was done the same as the other one...  


The leaves are VIBRANT for the spring GROWTH... and all the green GRASSes.. so very pretty...  Everything is ALIVE... I also put a little tiny bird nesting... as they are doing that all over the place... even in an old hat in my garage...  I think I had better shoo them out... an the netting is going up this week-end... so they will not be able to come and go as needed..  


Well hope you enjoyed this...  I had a blast making it... and it will be in my journal for me to see all time...  Colors of Spring... it will be nice to visit this page in the middle of Winter...  


Hope you have a nice day... thanks for stopping by for a visit... and see you later.. I have another page to share with you too..  the last page of this journal...  another one bites the dust...  such fun...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love what you've done. Its so beautifully vivid and loads to see. I also loved reading your post too, as you have made it so interesting. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful backgrounds and pages Bonnie ... Really lovely! Thanks for sharing your journal with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeousness indeedily Bonnie, loving all those textures and elements you have used... tis lush! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, these are gorgeous backgrounds!! I love your bright, vivid splashes of color! Really beautiful reds and orange tones!!! The blues and greens are luscious as well! And...I love your stamps. Looks a little "Dylusional" to me. :) Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie this is wonderful! Wonderful use of colour, wonderful use of stencils, wonderful use of sprays, the whole thing is glorious! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete