Followers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little Ducky in the spring TIME

Dried Daffodils on the page
 
Hi … so sorry that I haven’t been around this week… I thought I would be able to post something… but it has been a very full schedule around here for over a week now.. and I think I am back… at least for a while… As you might know… we have an organic, BIODYNAMIC farm and we plant by a calendar… and when it tells us it is okay to plant… and things are looking good … WE PLANT!!!   This has been one of those weeks… where we have been planting like there is no tomorrow…



Today was a fruit day… so we planted tomatoes, okra, peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, amaranth, all kinds of good things…  over 7000 seeds were planted just today and watered and good thoughts sent to each one of these little tiny seeds… hoping that they grow and become full sized plants and give us lots to eat
6x6 Impression Obsession stamp 

Other than that, I have been very busy playing with new toys… experimenting with new inks and things from Ranger, Impression Obsession… and other great companies…  I love it all… and love all the new things…

Green paper has leaf stencil and butterfly stencil ... Ducks are IO
 

I also have been working very diligently on my Art Journal… and have found a renewed LOVE with it…  I have kept art journals for  over 50 years… but from time to time have not done them, lost them… put the aside… all kinds of reasons… but this one is going to be MINE to keep.. I love the growth I can see in it… and I love some of the techniques that I have done in here too…



The last post you saw the cover… and now here is one of the pages that I just did today… 



A good friend, APRIL, sent me some Duckies from Impression Obsession… that I had asked for… Thanks again APRIL…  I love these little darlings… so cute…  Anyway.. April sent me 16 of them… so I thought I had better use a few… to get started on using them… LOL… I think that they are so cute… 

So I colored them with my Tombow markers… and then cut them out… and then I started to have fun picking out papers that I have now a huge stash of…  they are papers that I have created using my 6x6 stamps from Impression
Stencils, Stamps, and daffodil
 
Obsession, stencils from all kinds of places…  stamps, embossing folders, glazes, embossing powders, misters with glimmers of all kinds.. and you name it… I have a huge pile of papers that I have created and had fun making… do you know what I mean??? 



So it also done a few 6x6 backgrounds… and wanted to really use those… and I had a pretty bouquet of daffodils that needed to be used or thrown away… and I couldn’t throw these pretties away.. so I used them…
Faerie dancing on this little duckies back 
Here is where the FREEDOM comes into play... I have a faerie dancing on this ducks back... A friend sent me a card today and so I cut the faerie out and put it on the back... thanks Cheryl for being part of my ART JOURNAL.. . I love her.   I am free to do that... and to create as I want to...  so much fun...  As you can see the back grounds on these pages are pretty FREE too... lots of action, and different things going on here... I love it... 
Embossing, collage and stenciling... love it all.. 
 
I added a flip panel to extend the little girls… or friends… as friends are so very important in our lives… but the main reason is that my theme for today in this art journal is FREEDOM…. Freedom to create as we need and want to… freedom to do as we want to as an artist… freedom to use everything and anything that we want to…  so that is why the little group girls ended up on this page…. FREEDOM to use what we want to… LOVE IT
Words are so very powerful and when spoken or written they really make a statement if we listen to them….  So FREEDOM has been my word today… 



Hope that you have had a FREE day…  a day where you have been able to create and do as you wish… to create what you wanted to, how you wanted to, and of course where you do your art thing.  



Thanks for taking some of that time to stop by for a visit… and say hello…  I have challenges starting on Sunday… but should be back with some more Art Journal pages too… hopefully the internet will allow me to upload some pictures…  we have been having some rain storms and I was unable to get these pictures up on Friday when I started to write this… but hopefully I can sneak them up now…   Have a great day…

Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie 




Doing a little journaling and making a statement

1 comment:

  1. The ducks are to dye for...just fabulous!! Happy planting.

    ReplyDelete