Followers

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Little ones are so special

Another page from my journal... I love adding different pieces of paper that show a single technique... like these two... embossing on metal... and then utee... and also added different things as stencils...  On the top of it all... a piece of clip art and also a sticker or two...  inspiration to go onwards.... 

Speaking of that.... yesterday I had a friend over to play... and as always I loved every minute of it... being with a friend... doing what you both LOVE... and enjoying it, is a wonderful gift of life...  After my friend left... my sweet hubby asked if I would help him do some planting... and I said in 20 minutes...(go drink some water...do my mail...  read a letter from another friend...and go help with seeds... YES!!!  )  I can do this.. .because I AM A WOMAN.... I had gotten my second wind... and was ready for the planting... we got a lot of things planted... meanwhile... my neighbor called... and we chatted for a little while... she is also a good friend... paper person... artist... book fiend... paper fiend...  all these good traits too... and she will be coming down tomorrow (down the hill... or as she and I say... downstairs... LOL... she lives up the hill from our driveway... )  upstairs... right Sande???  

Okay... so we got the planting done... a thunderstorm hit us... we both get wet... and came in and changed... upstairs (in our home)  fixing dinner... what she we have... we knew we would have noodles and ASPARAGUS.... they are coming in full force this week...  we have over 5 pounds in the refrig...  love them... we will have a good meal of them tonight...  purple and green ones... love the purple ones best... and not because of the color... just the variety are so GOOD and SWEET...  

Scratching head... what to make...  okay.. noodles... with some nice raw zucchini noodles... (I shred zucchini into the noodle shape... )  and piled them onto the cooked rice noodles... (we don't eat wheat... as it is bad for  proper digestion... )   Then a huge helping of Steamed asparagus on the side... and topped with a nice large spoon full of sauteed Shiitake mushrooms... they are so delicious... love them...   (they are Asian Oyester mushrooms... having different healing properties and so delicious.)     That was our dinner...  of course the mushrooms really were the only 'fat' in the meal... as I sauteed the mushrooms in REAL RAW BUTTER... love it...  so good... that is what we call GOOD FATs...  so good for the body... 


Well that was our dinner... and it was delicious... and my tummy is very very happy tonight...  We try to eat most of our veggies raw... as they are  so much better for you raw... we did have the zucchini raw... but the asparagus which we have been eating raw were steamed for a few minutes tonight... just to give them a little bit of heat... but would also be considered raw... as they didn't go over 118 degrees... and were only 'steam'ed for a couple of minutes... maybe 1.5 minutes...  think about the food you eat... how close to nature is it...  


My Hubby and I have been trying to watch Dr. Oz... he has some interesting info on there...  he is very alternative ... and healing is a process that we all need to do all the time... getting our bodies as clean as possible and also as healthy as possible...  Okay.. now I am stepping off my soap box...  but be healthy...  eat whole foods.. not processed... I am off the box... 





Have a GREAT day... create something FANTASTIC ... and plan on sending it to someone special...  April is coming soon... and there are always a lot of April Birthdays...  so make some pretty cards...  

Love, Light and Peace...  Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, I loved reading your story. I believe in natural healing properties too and we also eat lots of lovely fresh veg. Away from the subject alto-gether, I love your page for to-day an interesting piece of work. Hope you both have a lovely day. Its beautiful here in Scotland at the moment as well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete