Followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Roses all around ME


HAPPY FRIDAY .... The week-end is here... and all kinds of things start to happen... fun and games galore!!! Have a wonderful time with all that goes on...  

Today... being FRIDAY.... it is time for LINDA LEDBETTER  to do another challenge... using Tim's book A Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2 


This week it is page 43... layering of all kinds of things... and for those of you who know me... you KNOW I love to layer... so... with that in mind I added even a few more layers... LOL...  I created the piece according to page 43... and had a blast doing it... it is not a new technique to me... but one that is not used as often as I should use it... 


I think at times we get into ruts... and that is one of the main reasons to do challenges... getting out of your comfort zone all the time is GOOD.. and it is very healthy too...  so I did that again... 


Well I have to start off saying that I had a few things that I HAD to get done prior to starting the challenge...  One was that my sweet hubby brought me in some roses... and then he brought me in a long stem rose...  all from old times rose bushes that  he has propagated and grown quite a few from the original one... the bushes actually smell like the old timey ROSE... not something artificial... but the real thing...SOOOOooooo I had to gather up a vase that showed off the beautifulness of these flowers...  okay... so beautifulness is not a real word... but I think it is...  


Then... I had to clean up my work area... nothing major... just my work sheet had a lot of inks on it... and the way I clean it up, is to naturally spray it with water and then take some nice clean 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper and clean it up... and do it again and again until all the inks are cleaned up... of course then I have to wait until all the papers are dry... that I have laid all over the floor... LOL... one thing really does beget another... in so many ways...  no kidding!!!!  




Okay... so I started to make the layered piece of paper... and I say paper as that is what I used... no tag... not really sure yet what I was


going to do... but no tag... I have too many and need to create something else...  

I have to add that I am sitting in my studio smelling these wonderful roses and creating my layered piece of paper... and all I could think of was roses and butterflies... as the butterflies are flying all around in the front yard...  and a couple of bees are trying to come in the French doors... LOL.. don't worry they are only mason bees... not the kind that are interested in humans... they love WOOD...  

So here is my finished book... I decided to create a cover for an existing THOUGHTS journal... where I write down thoughts or sayings that I love...it needed a cover and so it is now done...  



 ALSO.. the paper that I used for the actual cover... yes you guessed it... a piece of paper that I created by cleaning up my work sheet!!!  What else... look at all the magnificent colors on the paper... and then I added the piece that  I created for the challenge... today...  

Oh yeah.... I also had to make a few roses... using the Pine cone template of Tim's   to make these great little roses...  the leaves on the cover are leaves from  Pretties by Bonnie newest collection of flowers called Garden Patch.    
 You know so many times we are so very critical of things we make and create... I have to say this because we often say that a real rose is all one color... when in reality it is NOT... here is a picture of one of my pretty roses up close and real personal... and if you look closely, you will see all the colors in it... and the dark areas, and light areas as well..   so when creating a flower allow other colors to get onto your flowers... it will look a little more natural...   Mine are all multi-colored roses... as they were made on a worksheet that was NOT CLEANED prior to making them... LOL... I love it...  


 As you can see... there are light areas as well as other colors in all my roses...  and also my leaves...  


I did use my Distress markers on my leaves...  I have colored so many leaves that my green markers are starting to need more inks...  so I just ordered them... waiting for my new ones to arrive...  I have to say that quite a few girls used them last week in a class and also a few others in between.. so that is okay.. they were used well.. and loved by all.. 
Finally you get to see my piece for the challenge up close...  

I used the Butterfly border die and created my own mask with some plastic from a piece of plastic that I have reused...  LOVE IT  when I can do that... 

I have been playing with alcohols all week long... and having fun with tons of plastics... so I am having fun in so many ways...   

I also used a few different stamps of Tims too...  and then cut out some butterflies and used some Liquid Pearls on them... and there you have it...  My Thoughts  cover... and also a few roses...  and a layered piece of paper...  all I have to say made from pieces of paper that I have created with cleaning up things...  even the roses...  I try really hard no to throw paper pieces away... and to use as much of a sheet as possible...  LOL... now to figure out what to do with all the bins of paper... ???? Do you have any ideas... 

Hope you have a fun day... create something special for yourself or someone in your life... and enjoy it 100%... . I am going to go make some Cinnamon cookies for my sweet hubby... roses deserve something special... don't you think???  

Thanks for stopping by... see you tomorrow... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. This so stunning and gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Book, and your pictures are always so well presented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover for your book, Bonnie. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover and I love the roses. That was very sweet of your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love your book cover - my "Thoughts" book still has a plain cover and I have been using it for about 4 years! still one day.... Love your roses - I have the pinecone die but only really use it for pinecones at the moment. I also love to reuse all types of packaging and left inks so I am with you there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cover is fantastic! I love your roses, too, you can't beat the sweet smell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book cover is gorgeous as are your real life roses.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, as usually, you've created an absolutely stunning work of art! It's the perfect journal cover. The Faded Layers are lovely, the stamping's just right, and those roses-- WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete