Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Depth's of Distress

 Today over at Simon Says Stamp and Show the theme is DEPTH OF DISTRESS .... and we can interrupt that anyway we desire... 


Well to me... the word Distress used by someone that does paper art means only one thing... Tim Holtz... the duke of Distress himself...  so that is what I did ... a page of products that have HIS name on them...  all available at Simon Says Shoppe...  check it out... great place to shop...  


So I used some of the new Summer ink pads... and that was sort of my color theme... 
 Since I am re-working techniques in my studio I did a few more techniques on the background... and got the depth results I wanted... and then I added a few leaves from my collection of stamps made by me...  love my leaves...  sorry but I use them so very much...  I used Distress ink pads on all of this...  and then I used embossing powders on the bird.. which of course is Tim's...  and added the border edge doily... and put it and the tickets on with the mini stapler... love that little thing...  I used other stamps of Tim's on the background... lettering and also crackle... and then  ticket or two... and I even used some thread from the ribbon and made a nest... 
 I added some Chit Chat words... and then got a little carried away with the making of the flowers...  


I wanted to put on the page... not more, as it is hard to work on other pages with these beutiful roses... 
 So I just put all the luscious roses at the bottom of the pages... to show off the pretty colors and the perfection of them...  I used all paper that was 'scrap paper' that had been colored with Tim's inks... so I had a huge collection of them... and then I decided to do that next page too... as it need to be finished...  so I had fun using the Distress markers,  Glossy Accents, and more distress ink pads...  love making them on the worksheet... which is also  a tool I don't know how I ever lived without... and of course I had to add a Pretties by Bonnie  flower to the page...  Happiness 
So as it states on the page... 

Now and Then it is GOOD to pause in our pursuit of Happiness and JUST  BE  HAPPY!!!!  that is so very true... 

Hope that you have a happy day... and enjoy every minute of it...  Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope to see you tomorrow...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments: