Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Garden Alive

 A good friend of mine knows that I LOVE to journal... and sent me this site where there is a journal challenge... wow... I love it... just my cup of tea .... 
Love to try techniques and this is it!!!  
Called ART JOURNAL CAFE'....  so I copied down the directions... and then started to play... actually we had to finish hanging up the garlic that we harvested a few days ago...  it really is so very beautiful... if you want to see it... go here  You can also see other pictures of our farm there too...  Anyway...  it smells really good with all this garlic hanging now... it will be dry in a few days.. but I am really loving 'having' to use all the bulbs that didn't have long stems etc...  we are having a huge platter or roasted garlic tonight... so good for the immune!!! 
I am sorry I get so carried away with chit chat.... but wanted to share...  

So this challenge...   
 Because I started with another new journal... this time an old composition book... I had started to write in this book about 9 years ago... and then went into another direction... so it needed some pictures... LOL..  I used some gesso on the pages... and then started to stamp... using stamps from 4 different sets of Tim Holtz's stamps...  and then I tore up a couple of pieces of FAVORITE paper... and glued them into place...  Love the look so far...  then I used quite a few acrylic paints ( actually dabbers)  and then started to stencil...  Having to leave a CLEAR area was very difficult for me... but a good meditation... Thanks... 
 I loved this so far.. then we had to add another layer of acrylic to tie it all in together... which I did that too... I love these dabbers...  great thing...  


I did them on side and then flipped the stencil to get the reverse... love it... waste not, want not...  Love it ... 
 Okay... now came the hardest part... which embellishments to use  ????


Well I decided that it looked like a GARDEN... so I wanted to make it come alive a little more... so I added some flowers from Pretties by Bonnie  
and also a little faerie.... he just needed to come along to this page to make the garden come alive in all ways...  

I dont use much paper... even though I have way more than I will EVER use...  but Tim paper!!!  oh My Goodness... I actually have used two pieces of it this week...  
 I love the numbers... so I picked my favorite number 6.... well 312 totals to 6!!!  right???  and then I added a few tickets... 

Up in the left hand corner is the 'sun' which is tea bag folding... which I also love to do...  don't find much time for it anymore... but wanted to, today...   


The orange paper with the flowers... I must have made that about 6 years ago... but I am trying very hard to use up my stash...  I doubt I ever will... but I can try right???  


I really enjoyed this challenge... and love the layers...  



Thanks for stopping by for a visit... I really had fun with this challenge and hope you will take a look at the site.. it is really a very wonderful site... Thanks so much Grace for sending me the link..  

Have a super GREAT day... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you really took this all the way, worked with it, meditated and made it absolutely yours. The result is eye candy that breaths peace. Love that! Thank you for playing with us at Art Journal Café, we hope to see you back soon for ine of our upcoming challenges!
    Have a happy end of the week,
    France, one of the frappuccinos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papillon tooks the words out of my mouth....LOL Your page is absolutly fabulous. You make this challenge yours, for that thanks a lot dear...
    Lechatquitousse, an other on of the Frappucinos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! That´s AWESOME!
    It would be fantastic if you would visit and join also our monthly
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENEGE

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! I want to see all that garlic hanging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fabulous, Bonnie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and lovely Bonnie. Great work. Love it. Beautiful details.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete