Followers

Friday, June 15, 2012

A little FUN!!!

What FUN I had making this tag ..  It was for the challenge over at STUDIO L3
Technique 10: Tissue Wrap Flowers
So I started off trying to figure out what kind of background I wanted..  I have been working on all kinds of projects all day long... a couple of challenges and with each one I took my time and totally enjoyed each section of the project...  

If you read the next page on this blog, you will see the reason for the tag...  I really have been having a day filled with FUN!!!  In so many ways... 
 
 So you see I had all these scraps left over from my next project...  sounds funny... but the truth...  and I wanted to use them... as I don't like small pieces of paper in the studio.. they seem to get lost and never used... and I really did want to use them... they are all papers that I made using Twinkling H20's and journal pages etc... so they are each special in their own right...  


So I took a piece of heavy cardstock... enough for two tags... and started to glue the strips onto the paper... 


 And this is what it turned out to look like... I will use the other one soon...  not in any hurry... I love making these kinds of backgrounds...  so very much fun... and so very elegant ... 
 Then I made my flower according to page 37...  and it came out pretty... but was not going to be right for the tag I wanted to create... as it is going into one of my newest journals...  LOL.. 


So I made another one... and this time I flattened it out so that it looks like a sunflower... I cut out a suede cloth center... and it was just the right size... 
 As you can see here...  


I might use the other one for a gift I am sending to a friend...  but not really sure...  


But It will not go to waste... believe me.. too pretty to not use it... 
 So I wanted it another color too... so I used my Dylusions sprays and voila' I had my sunflower!!!!   I used some leaves from Pretties by Bonnie
which I colored using Distress markers... I love the greens in that set.. and the nice part about the set is that I dont' have to buy another WHOLE set.. I can just get the individual pens that I have used up... which the greens ones are almost there...  I LOVE THEM... great for leaves for all my flowers...  




 As you can see.... 
 Since this is a Tim Holtz challenge... I had to add a few more things all Tim... so I stamped this saying... which sold the set of stamps to me in the first place... and then added a little 'inspire' energy...  




I really had fun and hope that you will try this challenge and create a flower like this... they are so pretty...  

Thanks for taking a look and hope that you have a wonderful week-end...  I know that we will...  Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there... no matter where they are ... they are all special DAD's...  

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

6 comments:

  1. love your tag very colourful and you're like me trying to re-use leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! i am just trying my first tissue wrap flower now and struggling, but I hope to get there...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome tag... and your sunflower is very inspiring to me since I am from Kansas. I think I'll try this sunflower for a club book. Have a wonderful creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is so lovely. Thanks for sharing how you made your background and all your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, your sunflower is stunning Bonnie x

    ReplyDelete