Followers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I just want to day that today I am one super happy person... I have had 100,000 people on my blog as of today!!!  Amazing... when I started this blog a few years ago, I was in AWE of some of the blogs I visited where they had thousands of visitors... and now I am there too... wow... totally awed by the fact that so many people visit me...  

Thank  YOU all for making this one super HAPPY day for me... I totally appreciate each and everyone that has visited my blog and also has left a message for me... you are all super wonderful people and I love you all...  that is not just something that I say lightly... I truly mean that from the depths of my heart.   Thank YOU...  


Today I also am happy for one more reason... I finally got quite a few of my cards put on line to sell... I have a blog named Cleaning out My Closet... and have over 1000 cards to sell... that is just the beginning... I also have boxes, and all kinds of things...  samples from classes, and more to come...  even scrapbooks ready for pictures.... they will be coming up soon... so take a look and see... and if you can, I would appreciate you spreading the word about my blog as I need to get rid of some of these cards... they are starting to take up one whole bedroom...  I need the bedroom... LOL....  Thanks again...  

Okay... now down to business... I didn't have a computer for most of the week... so you know what I had to do... tangle more... what a problem huh???  and I also cleaned... out of sheer guilt...  LOL... not kidding... I did clean and did it out of guilt...  but if does feel good... so here are a few of the tangles that I created...  

I became so excited about the blind challenge that the Diva had done, that I added something of my own to it... I made a channel of the string... but doubling it and then making it go over and under... not really sure of the tangle words for that... and I am sure that there is some simpler way to say it.. but that is what I did...  and then I started to play with it... I had a blast as you will see...  

 I also had as much fun shading all of these too... I use to spend hours shading things and remembered that as I did the shading on these... so it brought back fond memories to me..  

These are all 8.5 x 11 and I learned to relax and really enjoy the energy of each one of these... 
 This one the leaves went wild... I just couldn't help it... LOL... they were wild and kept on growing and growing... 
 Then I felt the need to put a paisley into one of the spaces on this one...  and I also used my brown and sepia markers... they are so delicate... and almost don't show up as brown and sepia...  

But that is what I have used on them...  





 This one never really got any inside tangles... it was just open and FREE as the wind... the auraknot really took over and totally exploded in the tangle... and I love it...  I really wanted to add more to this... but felt it was finished at this point...  

(if you can see yellow... this is because I am on dial up and the computer does all kinds of fun things to me... LOL... I have to laugh or I would be in the loonie bin )  

 Okay... then Erin posted a little later than normal... which was a GREAT thing for me... as the day flew by and I had very little time to do anything in my studio.. . but at night I finally got to sit and look over my 'dictionary' of tangles... I have a huge 3 ring notebook... 3"thick... and it is filled with plastic pages with all the tangles I have collected and that friends have sent to me to try... being on dial up limits me going to others blogs due to the time of downloading a blog... (at least one hour unless there are a lot of  things on the sides.. then it is longer...ugh)   So I reviewed them all... and was sitting there thinking about some of my favorite and thought why haven't I created my own tangle... so I did just that...  

Right now on our farm (Sunshine Valley Organic Farm)  we are harvesting Okra.... it is a delicious veggie that I have loved since I was a child... I didn't grow up in the south... I grew up 13 miles out of New York City, in a New Jersey country setting... very rural at the time... but now almost city like...  BUT my mother was southern... and so Okra and Tomatoes was a great meal that we had when she could find fresh okra...  oh wow... I loved it...  

Now living in the south myself... we grow okra... and we LOVE it even more... it is very tender and delicious... we eat it in so many different ways... even raw...  so many people think that okra is a veggie that you can't eat raw... but it is delicious and very good for you...  

I finally took some pictures of the okra patch... and you can see them in the previous post... (it will show you the leaves and the flowers that form on Okra....)  Our plants are huge... they are almost 7 foot now... and the okra is picked off the top of the plants... so Glenn is really going to have to reach high for these wondrous veggies... but well worth it... tonight we will okra that is cooked in a little oil in the wok... and then I add some Bragg's Amino Acid (like tamari or soy sauce...)   and about a cup of water... they will be bright green and yummie... and we will over eat them... and love every minute of it too...  

So because I was thinking of this last night... I pulled out a paper and pen and started to create a tangle of Okra... which I am calling Oakrah...  Typically a tangle name...  right???  

I hope you have fun with this... it is fresh off the farm... and 100% organic... in all ways...  LOL... I love this art form... so free and clean...  




1.  Start off nice and easy with a circle. 

2.  Add some spokes... as many as you desire.. .I have counted as many as 9 areas in okra... and as few as 6 .

3.  Add little O inside the spokes... Easy enough... 

4.  Draw a line matching up all the little spokes and arch over the pearls...  and do that again around that line... finished...  Oakrah!!!! 


Erin over at the The Bright Owl 
gave us a really neat zendala this week... and I didn't know if I was going to be able to incorporate the Oakrah into this tangle... but I did... in a little bit of a different way... as I used some on my Journal page... and some in the zendala...  LOVE THIS...   so much fun... 

 
So here is my journal page... and also my Zendala.... 

 The Theme is Okra... of course... and the leaves are all around the page... growing taller and taller...  and there is okra on the plants ready to be harvested.... if you have not ever seen an okra plant... than you would not realize how magnificent the flowers are that form the okra...  

They are all white... sort of a creamy white... and have a deep magenta to purple center...  with a small white to yellow center...  so very pretty...  



 So this zendala that Erin Created is PERFECT for my okra to grow... and did it ever...  

So rich and wonderful... thanks Erin...  

You might still be a little sleepy, but you created a GREAT zendala ... THANKS...  




 If you look close you can sort of see the lines from the original zendala... I did use a white pen to cover up some of them...  I had to get the leaves and the fruit in there... and I did.. a little short on the length... but hey... that is okay as okra comes in all sizes...  

Most of the time when you see really large okra, it is not tender... but ours is wonderful...  no matter what size... BUT if it stays on the plant too long, then it gets tough... so we pick it as soon as it is about 3-5 inches long... and wow... what a delicious meal it makes... 


I also love it in the winter months in a nice bowl of soup... makes it so nice and yummmmmmmmy.... love it...  

So there is my challenge for The Bright Owl...    and I do hope that you have a great week... and also enjoy using my tangle pattern...  I really love it... and it is fun to do...  makes you stop and think once in a while...  oops gotta go this way...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope you find some cards that you need for sending to friends and others...  
Have a GREAT and SAFE week-end... 

Love, Light and Peace.... Bonnie 

11 comments:

  1. I love your tangle! It reminds me of my sweet, wonderful Dad who taught me how to garden. Okra was his most favorite food and he had much more of it in his garden than anything else. He loved it fried with tomatoes. Thank you for giving me this wonderful memory today of the man who taught me goodness and kindness, honesty and always standing on your own two feet. I am off to do the challenge now and I am excited about what I might come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tangles! Love what you did with the challenge this week and the story behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do feel sorry for you still using dial up. You must have the patience of Job! I admire your willingness to spend the time it must take to download all your wonderful art. Thanks for doing that. I so enjoy reading your blog, so full of down to earth "chat" and wonderful stories. Your Okra tangle looks ever so easy but looks great in your ZIA. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your art is beautiful. I really like your new tangle. Okra is one of my favorite veggies, rolled in corn meal and fried in oil. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Okra! It is so yummy when you fry it! I saw the Okra right away and was glad when you explained so I could let you know you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you did use the zendala in your journal art. I do like the tangle Okra. The colors are very living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful okra zendala and the new Oakra tangle- which I will try out tomorrow!

    Congratulations on so many visitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oakrah - fun tangle! Love your okra zendala dare too - and I love hearing what people are up to - thanks for sharing (maybe you could share some recipes? I've never cooked okra other than to throw some frozen ones into a veggie stew...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie. I like what you are doing here and congratulations on the number of page hits. I have only just started so that amount of views seem a long way off to me. The under and over effect is what they do with Celtic Knots and I have been issuing some challenges with respect to that on my blog. You have completed challenge one with the artwork you have just shown. My blog is creativedoodlingwithjudy.blogspot.com.au if you would like another challenge come and have a look. Again congratulations on your wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete