Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

I wanted to share with you all what I have done with some of my JUICY   Zendalas.... they are all very special to me and I wanted to preserve the memories of each and every one of them... so what better way than a journal I was working on...  so here are the pages...  all 40 of them... ( I am on dial up... so this is a labor of love that I have uploaded all these pages...  it has taken me all week to do this... so I hope you enjoy them...  )  

 The Cover of this particular journal...  I took a tangle that I had done, and took it into Adobe Photo and distorted it... and made a couple of book marks out of it... and this one went on the front of the journal...  I really like the original the best... but it does give a meaning of things to come with tangles...  

All of the papers that made up this journal are made from white card stock... each page I have painted with all kinds of things... one of my very favorite things to do is to get out my Twinkling H20s and paint... I love it... so when you have a stack that you know you will NEVER be able to use all of these pretty papers... what do you do with them???? You cut them in half and create a journal... LOVE IT.... of course you have an unpainted page... and that is great... MORE PAINTING... more fun and allow your thoughts to roam to other things...  sprays, stencils, ink pads... oh there is no end to all that can be done with a piece of card stock...  so I have fun...  and I hope you enjoy this journey into one of my journals...  I always am adding more things to each page... as a journal is never really totally complete... but this one is almost...  well sort of, kind of, done...    LOL... 
 On the inside of cover...  
Some Tim Holtz tape... and more paper that I have painted...  and a tag... I love making tags, and I love using them in journals too... this one has some fun stamps... and also some of my digital flowers...  also in the background a lot of stenciling... and stamping with some white inks...  lots of glimmer to this tag, as it was sprayed with Perfect Pearls misters... 
 The pictures on the right are the right hand side of the book... and on the left... the left side of the book...  

That way you can see how I have blended some of the pages to match...  and others are contrasting ...  

Here is a fun zendala...  I know that some of you will remember that I had just started to tangle in June... so I am a little new to this particular type of doodling...  but I love it...  a skeleton leaf...  and some words... and a flower... 
 This page got a little wild... I had this really fun opening thingy... and wanted to savor the memory of it... and so into the journal it went...  

The side words...  
Embrace imperfection and the courage to laugh and live through it...  YES!!!!  Enjoy every day of the year... no matter what comes your way...  




 And then it opens...  wow... what fun is that...  a little French theme - ing... 
 Some of the pages the color just didn't come out right... this is one of them... this page is purple...  and some blues...  no red at all... oooops... better have the camera looked at...  



 
I love the way that these two pages look... (I wish I was able to show you the journal like this...  side by side... sometimes this works... and most of the time not... LOL... anyway...  a fun two pages...  )  Do you remember doing this zendala???  It was one of my first ones...  

I also love to do tea bag folding... so you will see medallions off and on and in my work...  The flower on the right page was done about two years ago... and I found it a couple of weeks ago when cleaning out some papers...  so in it went...  reminding me that I have been having doodling fun for years... 

I use to do a lot of 6x6  journals with a large group of friends... and we would swap the pages...  the theme for this was angles... and I wanted a WILD  angel that loved flowers...  so this was mine...  

Magical possibility that is genuine...  








 A page of fun flowers from some of my digital Pretties by Bonnie collections...  and also a very profound zendala for me...  

SERIOUS  SUPPORT for the earth mother... we need  to clean up our act ... and live cleaner.. . 






 Just BE YOURSELF...  

A tag with a fun stencil...  and then some flowers painted with white in the background...  

Somebody once asked me how I thought of all the things to do on a page... 

I let it happen...  that is all.. I do what I desire... and also where I want to... it is MY JOURNAL... a place to be free and allow things to happen any which way...  sometimes they don't turn out... but that is okay too... 
 On the page across for Just Be yourself... is  this...  

Life's a party... invite yourself...   

How true is that in your experience... ????  

Sometimes I forget to have fun... and have to remind myself to let down and enjoy... that is why I say it all the time... it is for me too...  



 I love this bright and pretty page...  yesterday I canned some okra...  our plants are still producing way more okra than we can eat or sell... so canning is one way that we love... I pickle them...  oh my... how delicious on a cold winters night to have a burger with a pickled okra pod... they are delicious...  



 CREATE....  with all your energy...    

The charm is from a class I taught last month... on alcohol inks... and the charm is a memory from that class...  

Daisies... my favorite flower... and I love to draw them, color them... and also cut they out...  this page is a glimmer page... the gold is so delicate... and the page is actually an olive green paint... it is a favorite page...  

Love this tangle anyway...  



 I think this was a zendala from a couple of weeks ago... anyway... when I finished the page, I posted it on my blog... later on I was showing my hubby the page.....and also the writing on the tag... and he put the tag into the pocket and was amazed that the daisy matched... so was I ...  I hadn't planned it that way at all... and it matches as if I had drawn it to match...  

Oh my goodness... what luck.. . 

 
 Two on a page...  both fun...  and some stamping and words...  

Can you tell I love to use words in my art... 

ARTFUL LIFE EVERYDAY  

so true... 
 This was truly the saying of the week for me...  oh wow.. it kept on having so very much meaning for me...  



 A couple more zen dalas...  and some paper I love... with some flowers attached...  

SPRINKLE SENTIMENTAL THOUGHTS...  


up at the top... Let your light shine!!!!  



 Choose your own adventure... who ever said everything had to be in one direction...  I love upside down things... gives you a chance to see other things upside down... (when you turn the book to read it... )  



 I loved this tall plant... and it had to go on and on...  a little more tangling around it...  

TRAVEL INSPIRATION...  










 A little of this and that... right down to a wooden flower... and also some Pretties by Bonnie digital daisies...  

I love the daisies and words in the zendala...  Live in LOVE...   

Do what you love ... 
Love what you do...  



 This pocket I had so very much fun with...  You know when you sharpen your watercolor pencils... what do you do with the shavings.... of course you throw them away... well on this day, I added a little water to the shavings and created this paper that the pocket is made out of...  I love the Monet look to it.. . so I added some little faeries to guard it... and put a few tags into the pocket...  

On the side... some baby wipe flowers...  Love making these...  

I use to save all my baby wipes that I would use to clean up with... but I have to confess... I threw out a lot of them... I was not using them as fast as I was making them... so I picker thru the pile... and saved about 100... and threw the rest away...  

I really am trying to do a deep cleaning in my studio... and it is working... it is looking better to me...  


EMBARK     ON     A     SOULFUL     
ADVENTURE      EVERYDAY     OF       LIVING ....  

 More little faeries on this page... but two little boys...  and a little girl...  

The metal work was left over from making some metal boxes... I never know what is going to be good or throw aways... so I keep it all.... 


 A fun pocket...  
Take a piece of paper... and find the middle...  (use a ruler from corner to corner... the center will be where the line cross each other... )  

Then punch the edges... I used a 5x5 piece of paper for this one...  

Fold all the corners into the center and then half way out... you have this pretty little semi pocket...  so very pretty and delicate...  

Another zendala... and I think Erin spoke of licorice candy her Grandmother had... here is it...  LOL.. I remember it... but I wouldn't ever eat it.. ??? Weird huh... and I loved licorice too... 
 What do you do when you get new stencils... you USE THEM...  

New dandelion ones... I did quite a few of them...  used pearl dabbers here...  

Along with  a stand up faerie girl... and a layered black eye susan... 
 Another fun zen dala...  love the colors of this page in real life...  it was a masked paper and this was the best part...can't really remember the other half???  not the same at all.  


Discover delight in yourself...  



 A page for my Dad as a cancer victim...  

Stay warm dad... he was always cold... so I made the pages warm for him... 
 The other half of the page for my Dad...  
Along with a baby wipe flower... he loved gladiolas.... 
Happiness if having people you love around you...  

I love the dragonfly on this page... I drew it and then tangled it...  love the colors too... all earth colors...  

It is to match the zen dala with the corn...  
 a yellow poppy, a couple of butterflies... and a fun zendala...  


Amazing friends... I really have some really amazing friends... and they are all over the world...  








 I really had fun with this zendala... and when finished it was added to this journal... and then I added the other flowers to keep the ones on the zendala company...  LOL... the butterfly had to join in too.. 
 This happens to be one of my favorite tags... as i love the colors... and I love the flowers... they are pretties by Bonnie digital flowers... and they are so much fun to add to journal pages...  DREAM....   
And down at the bottom...  

EXPRESS YOU !!! 
 A friend sent this to me...  and it was fun to play with...  I made it very tiny as you can see... only 3x3 and so I had to squeeze a lot of things into the spaces...  I took a silver pen and tangled some leaves.. and then a stencil to do more leaves...  

This page is purple...  


 a tag, some flowers and fun painting... more will get added to this page as time moves onward...  

Together forever... 
 These two pages are tangled pages... really had a lot of fun doing these pages...  not the best.. but a LOT OF FUN!!!  

I think that is more important than the way it looks... don't you??? 
 The other half... 
 Sometimes left over things get added to my journal pages, as I can't throw them out...  like these butterflies... they were for a challenge and I didn't like them... so they went into this magic bin... and sometimes they get used...  but the other day I cleaned it out... and they got added to this page.. . 

The wreath and flower are Pretties by Bonnie ...  

I ADORE LIVING...  



 Another zendala...  

and then some background tangling... and then another butterfly and an iris flower...  

Time to QUESTION  Secrets... 
 Oh the end of the journal... a little zendala that I made myself...  copada was the tangle in the challenge... and I went wild...  colors traveling inward... and leaves and pods going outward... 

Running Energy of LIFE...  




 The back cover of the journal...  DAISIES... my favorite flower...  












So this journal is being posted today so that it can be considered JUICY for the Just Add Water, Silly   challenge on Artist Play Room...as the theme is juicy... I think I have enough juicy pages and colors to enter this challenge... . 

I hope that each and everyone of you have a GREAT week-end... and that maybe this week I will be able to enter earlier...  LOL... I just wanted to share this journal with you all...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and wish I could do the same...  someday maybe I will be able too...  Thanks again for all your love...  

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie    

17 comments:

  1. bonnie - you have the most amazing journal! oh how i wish i lived near you! never heard of the baby wipe flowers - i feel bad about throwing all those things away, but i didn't know what to save them for. can you tell me how to make them?

    and there was one page - 3rd from the bottom - it looks quilted! i love it!

    i really enjoy reading your posts. so much life and fun! and all your explanations - i learn something new every time you post :) so thanks for all your hard work - i understand the dial-up thing, and am happy that ourneighborhood finally joined the 21st century not long ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such fun to see all your pages. Is this one of the Visual Journals by Strathmore? What size is it? With dial up this I can see where this would have taken you all week just to upload all the photos. Thanks for sharing with us!! Definitely is juicy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow that's a lot of work! how do you find the time to do all that journal work? wow, what a visual feast.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so lovely and a wonderful riot of colour. Thank you so much for posting them all. I have really enjoyed looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful zendalas - what a beautiful journal it makes - each page prettier than the last. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and creative. Thanks for sharing. This is just the perfect colorful inspiration I needed on this dreary rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... that is a huge amount of wonderful... i especially loved the okra page... but they are all pretty wonderful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! What a beautful and inspiring journal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fabulous work, thank you for sharing them all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulously colorful, creative journal you have!!! I enjoyed every bit of it and thank you for the time you took to share this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, I am awed by the work, the PASSIONATE work you have poured into this journal. it is remarkably inspiring. sometimes I feel like going through everything and seeing the Journey I'm on. as I worked my way through your journal I could see that it's often hardest to see my own work with as much love as I see another's. this was a great awareness to have. and I thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your work my friend! What is cool is I set my phone to reverse color because the dark was too much for my eyes and only realized this half way through as I was loving every page! Wow you should see out in reverse! Out is a mind blower, like this auto correct!! Lol. I love you zest for life and so wish I lived on your land.I've often thought that. Buy a Ttrailer and move to glenn and bonnies and be farm girl extraordinaire and and o of course still a Boheme artist! Lol you have the patience of Job to upload all this on dial up!!!! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! Your mandalas are truly amazing and very inspirational. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is amazing, I could spend hours looking at all of those fabulous pages. The colours are so beautiful. I will come back again just to see what I missed in them the first time. I use tons of baby wipes, not on bottoms, so I might start savings some and having a play.
    Such a wonderful journal.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Bonnie you have been busy...what a fantastic journal.
    There's so much to see and take in...a real feast for the eyes and incredible inspiration! ;D
    I've only just started using a journal recently and am on page 3!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, Bonnie. SOOOO much work here....or fun....or both! :) Your Zentangle stuff is amazing. I totally love it all. I can't imagine the hours you've spent on all of these beautiful drawings and then to turn them into art journal pages...gosh...beautiful work, for sure! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete