Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

PEACE on this EARTH is possible...

Weekly Challenge #87: "String Theory v. XII: Pinwheels for Peace v.II"
Again - Amy Broady, a CZT in TN (hi!!) - reminded me that September 21 is the International Day of Peace
from the website:

Since its inception, Peace Day has marked our personal and planetary progress toward peace. It has grown to include millions of people in all parts of the world, and each year events are organized to commemorate and celebrate this day. Events range in scale from private gatherings to public concerts and forums where hundreds of thousands of people participate.
Anyone, anywhere can celebrate Peace Day. It can be as simple as lighting a candle at noon, or just sitting in silent meditation. [or in our case, creating Zentangle art - Laura] Or it can involve getting your co-workers, organization, community or government engaged in a large event. The impact if millions of people in all parts of the world, coming together for one day of peace, is immense.
Last year for International Day of Peace, we dedicated the weekly challenge (#40) to creating Zentangled Pinwheels inspired by this great website Pinwheels for Peace.  Pinwheels for Peace originally started as an art installation organized by two high school teachers in Florida.  They used the project as a way to teach kids how to express their feelings about the world and what's going on in it.  Since then, it's grown from 500,000 pinwheels the first year to 3.5 million last year!!




This is the challenge this week for the I am the DIVA....  

I really had fun with these... and had to stop making them... as I do have a few other things that I have to do...  LOL...but I could have made a lot more...  

 I made these pinwheels about 4 inches in diameter...  and then cut them out... and tangled them... then I had to put them into my journal I am presently working on... as I love the way they came out...  

So I had to paint each page... and add some color to others... and this is how they came out...  

I am not done with these pages...  there will be a lot more added, prior to calling them semi finished... as I tend to add more and more to my journals as time goes on...  



 I can remember as a child having a pin wheel that shined in the dark... and one that had glitter all over it too...  so I wanted these to be like that... 
 Flowers to me are a peaceful part of nature that I love... so I had to make a few PEACE PINWHEELS with some flowers on them...   





 Meditation is a huge part of my days...  I do it for so many different reasons... and one is for world peace...  it is something that we really need in these days of change.   we all should be thinking about how we can make this earth a more peaceful place to live... with out making judgements on others...  of any kind...  and living in peace and harmony in all ways possible...  loving each other unconditionally....  being one with all...  

 I already have changed things in my journal since I first posted them... and these are the correct way they are now...  LOL...  
I LOVE change...  can you tell..  

 Okay... I got some things done... but I really wanted to create the word peace with the pin wheels... so I did...  

Here is the finished page...  I changed things around a little bit...  anyway...  I used tangles for each letter of the word.... example... P  =  paradox and pressedwood... 


 Here is the letter P  
 The letter E 
 The letter A 
 The letter C 
 And I had to go to the next page... as these were a little too big to fit all on one page.. they are about 3 inches across when cut out...  

The final E  
 This was on this page originally... but that got moved around...  good thing I use a double tape, until I am sure of the location of things..   

So this is now glued down... as are the others.. 
 I still wanted to do more... 
So I created this page...  
With another pin wheel for PEACE...  

Daisies are my very favorite flower... and they are very sweet and peaceful in all ways...  so I used them here too... along with a few other things too...  


Love, and peace go  together in my mind...  Light being the enlighten feelings that we should have about life...  

Seeing the light... no war... peace only...  

I have been chanting this since the early 60's...  we need PEACE... not war...  


Peace in all ways...  
Creating it in your mind will send it to others...  and will start to create world peace in all ways... 

 











 Lotus pods...  and fescue... and of course the bees that help to keep us alive too... 

We need to protect them also... using organic foods will help this too....  no chemicals...  
I better get off my soap box...  soooooooo  
I do hope that you all have a great day...  

I have added a few Halloween scrapbooks, and if you want to take a look I would appreciate it...  I love making these and know that all the gals that have bought these in the past are very happy with them... so I made a few more...   You can find them here...  

Hopefully I will be posting a few more things in the next few days... time sort of seems to fly by these days...  ???  do your days fly bye too..????  


Thanks for stopping by... and have a fun creative day... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 


19 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love your pinwheels! So colorful and inspiring. I'm glad you enjoyed this challenge so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! All your pinwheels are so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful, and I love the backgrounds too. Meditation is the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, your pinwheels are amazing! You have been so busy today! I am so glad you shared them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your pinwheels. You've been a busy lady. Thanks for sharing them and your words of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youw pinwheels are sooooo nice! Lovely backgrounds too. I wonder where you got the time to do them all so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post with all of these beautiful pinwheels. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, I so loved your peace designs. It is a pleasure reading your posts along with your beautiful peace designs. I have been attempting to art journal, I have a lot to learn. Your work is inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them are wonderful! I love the ones with the purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you certainly had a lot of inspiration. All your pinwheels are very colorful. I like them verry much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So colorful and uplifting. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such a beautiful idea to spell out peace. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many beautiful ones here, bonnie! love your bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like how you've used them in your art journal, they look so gorgeous, bright and innocent. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them all - they are fabulous!! great choice of various tangles and I love how you brightened them with colour! superb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many, so different, so beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so many! Beautiful, creative, and altogether LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pinwheels worked really well! I think meditating on peace is a wonderful thing...as well as eating organic. I try to do both as much as possible. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete