Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

One of those days... Fall is here!!!!


Today has been one of those days that is very fulfilling and fun… I have totally enjoyed this day…  the past 6 weeks have been horrible here… we have had an infestation of MITES!!!  If you have ever had fleas… mites are 10 times worse… as you can’t see them at all… and when they BITE… it feels like a HUGE DRAGON taking a bite out of your flesh!!!  Not fun… they are in everything… I have done over 50 loads of wash in the past week… as it is one way to keep things going…  you get bit, you take your clothes off… put them into the washer… and go get a hot hot shower… and then clean clothes again… YIKES…  one day I had the same sweater on three times… and each time it had come out of the dryer…  Oh yes inbetween all this… our dryer broke!!!  And the main drain pipe that takes the water out from a little bathroom, WASHER and kitchen sink also got clogged…. WOW… sounds like a nightmare huh??? Well it was… 

But we are on the other side now… we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel… Glenn and I are still not in our bedroom… we are sleeping in a guest room.. on a smaller bed… and no curtains at the windows…  and it is loud with dogs barking all night long… and the sun!!!  coming up so early…  and all these funny things all night long.. when we are in our nice cozy bedroom down stairs it is cozy and dark, and QUIET!!!!  

Anyway… yesterday Glenn went out and dug up 20 bushel baskets of Sweet Potatoes… the first of 80 plus…  he has the next couple of weeks to harvest them, prior to a heavy frost coming in… 

He also harvest some Green Peppers, RED PEPPERS,  and okra… which he has been harvesting for the past 8 weeks now… our okra TREES are over 12 feet tall… and still producing quite a lot…  


 These peppers are now waiting to turn RED... they will do that in the warmth of the house... a few days and I will have to process all these into that yummy recipe that you will find on my GOOD EATING  blog...  











Anyway… I wanted to share with you some things… so please go to my cooking blog for the recipes…  


Here is another picture of the inside of a sweet potato... and the  red peppers...that I  roasted...  

Behind this you can see the large mason jars... (4 gallons in size ) that we make our kombucha and vinegars in...  

WE also grind a lot of things by hand too... 

Of course we love pickled okra too... YUMMMM  .

I hope that you will check out the recipes and let me know how you like them... there are some delicious cookies there too... oh so very good...  

Have a fun day... and I will talk to you all soon.. .
I am busy tangling in between too... so maybe tomorrow I will share some of the STRINGS I have been working on...  I even sat out side and got a little sun and tangled while the sun was still out!!!  LOVED it...  a mini vacation... 

Thanks for stopping by... and see you tomorrow... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 






No comments:

Post a Comment