Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Strings

Yesterday was Thanksgiving in Canada... Happy Thanksgiving to all of you... Hope that you had a very enjoyable day...  Delicious Turkey.... love it...  

Well so because it was Thanksgiving our I AM A DIVA challenge is Today!!!  Tuesday...  and this week it is STRINGS.... 

I love to work on strings... when time allows me to...  
Because at times I get stuck in the car waiting at Home Depot or Lowes... I always take something to play with... knitting is always in the car... as are different books that I will grab to take with me...  

Strings is one of those books...  a grab and on the go book!!!  I also have one for the ABC's that I am working on...  I am showing it to you, so that if you are having trouble getting all these done... it is a nice way to work on them, when you have the time... I also grab it when I want to watch tv...  actually I listen and TANGLE....  


 Each notebook has a label on it...  so it is easy to 

GRAB  AND GO...  





 When you open the book up there is a plastic pocket page that I put a set of pens...  a pencil to draw the STRING... and also a graphite shading pencil... and blending tool...  


 Each page has  a piece of card stock and this particular book has VIOLET... a favorite color of mine...  

This is page one...  and I have not printed out the string... 




 As on page 3 you can see the thumbprint of #3 String... and then the actual tangle that I created using that particular string..  

I love it... nice and easy and compact and ready to GO...  



 Okay... 
So this week the DIVA..  finished her Thanksgiving Day Dinner... and decided that this was going to be the Challenge this week... and to start off with #1 String... 

You can find all the strings HERE.... as well as all the TANGLE Patterns... 

I really had fun doing this one...   as I had already done one in August when I started to work on this book...  (which is below... )  
Strings are fun... but I dont' always use one...  sometimes I will just start to play...  a blank piece of paper doesn't scare me at all..  

Sometimes I will add color to paper... like  this one above, prior to even drawing the string...  I use my worksheet and put inks on it... and then spritz with a  fine mist... and apply the paper to pick up the inks...  I love to see what comes out on the paper... sometimes I HAVE to do a few to feel satisfied about this...  LOL...  I love playing... can you tell..  

Okay... enough BLAH BLAH BLAHing...  Thanks for stopping by and hope that you have a fun day playing too... it is overcast and trying to rain...  so it is a good day to fool around in the studio... but maybe I will do some more cleaning...  never can tell...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 
 

14 comments:

  1. So lovely! I love the patterns and the lights and darks and the well just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy how you paired up your tangles! Such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I really love how you combined the patterns and added the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tiles, as usual, but I love the take-along binder idea! I'm going to create one for myself, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of the string challenges, but you make it look tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaut choice of tangles in both tiles and super tangling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that first one is a winner for me. I love the tangles you have chosen (especially the string).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quite lovely - the addition of colour in the first really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonnie - i like your notebook idea - you always have good ideas! your first tile - you know i'm all about color so that works for me! the pattern along the left hand side that looks like a basket weave - i don't know that one, but it's really cool! i can imagine a lot of places i could use that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tangle on the left hand side is called JUTE... it is Sandy's book called Yoga for the BRAIN.... a fun book... and that is a fun tangle... Love it..
    Have a great day... and thanks for commenting... always love the comments... wish I could get around to see more... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete