Followers

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A fun day in the kitchen

Have you ever had one of those days where you started out to do one thing.. and 7 more things jumped onto you schedule???  Well that is what happened here today... I started out to make some nice rice pudding... and then made some seeds( as shown) We eat a lot of these seeds... in fact I try and always have some around... it makes a great snack and also they are perfect snacking food for us...  sunflower and Pumpkin seeds... with a little braggs amino acid on them for a nice salty taste... I do roast them in a little 100% real organic butter... rich and nice tasting...  
I put the seeds in a piece of pottery that our daughter gave us for our anniversary this year... WE LOVE IT...  it is just perfect for our seeds on the table...    


 The colors in the piece are just beautifulllllllll ... this picture is a little washed out... but not quite as dark as the one above...  anyway... she really did a GREAT job on these both... she just started to learn how to throw... and is really doing a super creative job...  oh yeah... check out the muffins...  I made them this morning too... blueberries that Glenn picked from out Rabbit Eye bushes needed to be used up... so muffins were calling to be made... now you have to realize that I don't use wheat at all... we have not used wheat for over 3 years now... maybe longer... can't honestly remember... but I know that it has been as least 3 years now...  
 
Here is the bowl again... with two smaller ones that her teacher made...  she bought them for us a few years ago... prior to starting to make her own...  I personally love hers better...  

 
 WE so enjoy the pottery no matter what... and it looks so very nice on our table... and we love the feel of it too.. 
 Here is my very own cup... with a flower on it... how perfect is that...  I love it... I made a nice huge pot of dandelion root tea today... and am enjoying cleaning out my tract and cooking...  love it.. 
 The tea bags had these really nice words on them... and they fit so perfectly with all that I was feeling...  
Peace, Savor, enjoy, dream, be heard, comfort... I experienced these all in a matter of an hour....  so very perfect for a glorious day...  

Now back to the muffins...  not using wheat... usually the muffins are flat looking... nothing ever sort of seems the same... but today I have conquered this and made really nice HIGH muffins... and they tasted GREAT... really 
GREAT.....  
 Oh do you see the 6 muffins in the back... they are sitting on a pottery plate that Heather Amy  
gave us a few years ago...  we use them every day of the week... unless we have company... then we have to use other plates...  but these are our very own personal plates... very special to us..  

So I did get creamy rice pudding made, muffins... and also a lovely dinner is on the way to reaching the table...  sweet potato fries are baking in the oven now... and we will enjoy a great zucchini noodle (raw) main course... with roasted red peppers, and some pickled okra...  of course I will have to make something with the Chanterelles ....(wild mushrooms)  too... we love them... and Glenn just walked in with a nice basket full of them..  

Hope that you have a GREAT day...  
I am still healing this silly sciatic problem.. .but am feeling so very much better...  never had one last this long... not a good thing at all..

Have a fun time, create no matter in which direction you need to ... but enjoy it all...  
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie     

No comments:

Post a Comment