Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Stamper... use WOOD???

Today being SUNDAY....

IT IS  time to go over to Ink on My Fingers Blog... and see what Hels Sheridan is up to...other than getting all inky...  which she has a GREAT PASSION for doing... 

Oh... it is to create something using wood??? 

Okay... so I thought if I went out and tried to find a special piece of wood.... it would take me hours and I would never get back inside to work on my art...  so I asked my sweet hubby to grab me a twig or something that I could use on a tag...  he brought back in the most magnificent branch from one of our azalea bushes... we have a few... over 30 of them that surround the outer tree line around our home... in the spring it is wonderful...  so this branch was only about 30 inches tall... and the spread was about the same... LOL... but I broke off a small piece and have enough for about 10 more tags...  maybe 20... LOL... 

So here is the finished tag... 


 
The finished tag.... 
BUT as normal can I just show pictures???
NO... 
 
So as I show you close up pictures I will explain... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I really felt like drawing and painting this morning...  and had to incorporate this onto a tag...  I wanted to work in a journal... but didn't have a new one to use... oh well... next thing on a list of some kind .... 
 
So I drew some flowers... upper right hand corner of the tag...
I drew with a pencil, colored with watercolor technique for the
 (take a look and see all the pretties over there too)
 
 
AND  then I used my Versa Mark pen and cover it and used clear embossing powder to protect these flowers... 
 
Reason... because I wanted to stamp some words... but didn't want them on the flowers...  simple, right?? 
 
Then I stamped my words all over the place... 
 
 

 
I then used some Distress inks and put the colors desired onto my work sheet and colored the tag...  love the delicate look I got... some forest green and peacock blue with a lot of misting...  gave me just what I wanted... I added a little pewter Distress stain and was finished...   

 
I then had this sheet of Graphic 45 paper that I really have wanted to use for a LONG time... so I tore that into the shape needed and roughed up the edges and then colored them...  adding a doily from a Tim Holtz Die Cut... and colored with old paper and Walnut stain colors from my mini distress pads... love those things...  handy all the time... 
 
Colored some ribbon and was done with the main pieces of this tag...  BUT.... 

 
BUT
 
I needed to put my branch onto the tag...  and my little flowers...
Yesterday I had to make some flowers... small ones ... tiny ones actually...
 
STORY BEHIND THE TINY FLOWERS...
When I was a younger child... 5-8 years old, one of my favorite things to do was to go to the Five and Dime Store.... my Mom would give me a dime... and I would spend it all...  my allowance type of thing... well these pretty little flowers were 15 cents...  and I couldn't afford them... and my Mom wouldn't give me the extra 5 cents...  learn to save was here answer... so one week I did...  I only spent a nickel of my 10 cent allowance... and had the extra nickel for the flowers the next week...  I loved these little flowers... if you know the ones I am talking about they came in a little bunch.. maybe about 10- to 12 of them... and they were all different colors... so very pretty... well I wanted to have some... and so I made some...  I live way out in the middle of no where... (LOVE IT) but there are no stores around us at all.. .and any of the big box stores are about 45 minutes away... so I HAD TO MAKE THEM... NOW
 
Do you ever have to have something NOW...
 
Well that was the case... so now I have about 300 little flowers and I love them all... 
 
I used quite a few different paper punches and then put a hole in the middle and put a stamen into it and used some glossy accent to hold the flowers onto the stamen...  I also used all kinds of misc pieces of paper that I just can't throw out that I have as 'scraps' from paper I have inked...  and so now I have NONE left...  but soon will have tons more... 
 
I used 6 of them here today on my branch...  I had to dip each one into some distress Victorian Velvet glitter too... OMG... Love all these great toys... don't you???? 
 
So that is the story... I now have a ton of these little flowers and if I use them great... if not that is okay too... as I LOVE them all... I made all kinds of colors and might even make some more today... 
 
 

 
This is a close up of the branch... with Lichens and all, that MATCH the paper color... how about that one...
 

A close up of one of the flowers with it's beautiful glitter on the outer edges of it... 
 
Each one of these flowers is really double... but you can only see a single flower on most of them... 
 

 
So I love my flowers... my drawn ones and the little ones... and thanks Hels for pushing me again to create with something I have been wanting to do for a long time... 
 
Hope ya'll have a wonderful Sunday... and I need to get back to my flower making... think I will take it out on the deck to create... 
Good day for it...  it is over cast... cloudy, and there is a nice breeze once in a while... up in the 90's though... a little on the hot side...
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and see you soon...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. As ever Bonnie you have made a beautiful creation... your hand drawn flowers are a delight... and your story of the flowers, bless you! Although my stoopid Brit brain was thinking "nickel?" "dime?" LOL I have visited America four times now and I still ain't got the lingo with the dosh... I needs a lesson (please!) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper, sorry I am late visiting... I been sunning meself in Rhodes! x

    ReplyDelete