Followers

Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Time Card


I really didn't know what to do... I had miss read this challenge... had the finished project in my hands... and thought oh no... I thought it was for any type of creation.. and then I see it is for a CARD...  oh duh??? 

So back to the drawing board as they say... LOL... 

So here is what I created... 




 
The theme for Mixed Media CARD challenge  is SUMMER and you can use burlap as an option... which I chose not to use...
 
I love making envelopes... among a few million other things...LOL.. .but I really love to make unique envelopes... this green one is made from wall paper... from an old book and I tore it up and made over 30 envelopes... fully lined ones... LOVE them.. the post master doesn't... but hey... he still mails them... 
 
I also love to make smaller ones... like the pink one above... it measures about 4.5 X 6 inches... and I totally decorate it... as it goes into the larger envelope to get mailed or given to the person. 
 

 
As you can see, I totally embellish them... this one is made from paper that I have made using tim's method of putting ink onto my work sheet and then spritzing with water and then running the paper thru it... LOVE doing that... 
 
Then cutting out the envelope and decorating it...  I used a double rosette on this one... again with paper that I made with inks...  same as above.. 

 
A little bit closer... as I really love how delicate it looks... with the butterfly doily behind it... (spellbinders die) 



Do you ever try to make something and it doesn't come out right... well this piece of paper ended up into my pile of papers to use at 'sometime or other'
and so I pulled it out to use for this card... I really liked it... just that it wasn't right for the project I was doing it for the 1st time... LOL..
 
So I folded it in half...  and cut out this cute little fairy scene with the snail... so cute... love this little one..  
 
This is the back of the paper... and it was made with a stencil(? ) and some distress inks... much more than that... I can't remember right now... one of the bad things about making paper a while ago...

When you open the card this is what you see...  I will take you slowly thru this whole area... 

 
The center of the card is done with some Tea Bag folds...  and put together in a certain way, so that it folds each time... back the way it was...  as you can see... you can see under it... 

 
It is loaded with fairies... this little one is riding on the back of a blue bird... 

 
And this little one is talking to a frog (Graphic 45) 

 
Pink butterflies are flying all over the card... and stenciling is all over it too... when I am playing you never know what is going to happen... 
 
 




 
Each little area has a little saying... and meant with much love...
 
it is a whole visual scene when this card is opened...
 
this card... goes into the envelope that goes into the larger envelope to get mailed... wow... did you get all that??? You are good...
 
Thanks for stopping by today... and I do hope you enjoyed this fun project... I know that I did... and it is going out to a friend that needs a lot of love right now...
 
Hope you have a super good day...
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Very creative. Beautiful details.. Another work if art!!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness Bonnie - you always put 100% into your projects - this is a great little folded up creation - and I love your pretty envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much effort and love must have gone in making this card and very beautiful envelope. Oh I love the idea of an embellished envelope :) and mailing it another bigger one. Def bring a smile on the face of the one who receives this lovely creation of yours. Thank you for playing along with MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a creative card! amazing work! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible card, Bonnie! I'm in awe over the inside of your beautiful mixed media card...that's is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete