Followers

Monday, September 1, 2014

The BEAUTY of Fall

I  LOVE the fall season... the colors are all so vibrant in the trees and it is yummy plus... the smells of fall arrive prior to the colors all being gone...  the smell of wood smoke, to keep the chill off in the morning, the smell of leaves and brush being burned by the farmers, as the season is over... cover crops are going into the grown... and the fall veggies are ready to harvest... with winter ones being covered up...  a whole new season of growing.. and in the south it is the time of the year when so many more veggies do grow the best, as the HOT HUMID weather is over.... you wouldn't know that today... it was very humid 80% and the heat was over 93.... very hot and humid....  time to gather up the fan and put one by the worktable and the computer... LOL... truth...  Our home is totally Air conditioned... but I dont' like to use the electric nor do I enjoy the falseness of air on in the house...  like to hear the birds singing... the winds coming up with a summer shower... and like right now all the night time insects are singing to out do the next... love it... 

Okay... so Yes I have been having fun all day... 

Wow... the first of the month and also a MONDAY... yikes... so many wonderful challenges... which to do first...

Well I write them all down on 3x5 cards... and see if I can match any up, and then I start to see what I have on my list to work on this week...  so many things... cards for an up coming sale... birthday cards...  Which... HEY JULIA... it is your birthday in 4 days... on September 5th... Happy Birthday to YOU...  I know you are only 29 this year... but a Happy Birthday anyway... hope if is a very happy one... 
 
Okay... so now you know... this card is for the
and the theme is  AUTUMN COLORS with options of leaves and metal...  I did the leaves.. and also some paper beads...  and of course the Autumn colors... and here is my CARD...


 
I had made about 50 envelopes from a wall paper book... and this is one of them... I tried to match up the cards with them... this one is so great for a fall card... love it... 

 
My butterfly is made from a stencil from Tims butterfly and then I used textured paste for the butterfly... cut it out and then painted it... and then I added glossy accent over it...  just for the luster...  the leaves are made out of kraft glassine and then inks are of course played with on them... to get the effect I want... 
 
I also used a little white tulle and of course also used my distress inks to dye it... you have to let it dry over night... but it does work...  most likely alcohol inks would be better... but I love the colors of the distress inks... 
 
So that is my card for this challenge... and I am sure I will most likely do something with metal too...  you never know... in fact something just popped into my head... LOL...
 
Hope you have a fun time making things for all the up coming challenges this fall month... it should be a very colorful month...  YEAHHhhhhhh ...  love it all.. 
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and see you in a little while.. .I have a lot more to post... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

7 comments:

  1. What a great way to make envelopes! I'd never have thought of that.....and it matches perfectly Bonnie. Lovely card, just love those colours together, really pretty. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Bonnie! Your butterfly and glassine leaves are wonderful! and your coordinating wallpaper envie is beautiful! thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie. So many gorgeous details ... love all the texture and dimension ... and the colors - oh how I love autumn's colors! Your envelope is the perfect match for this card. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Bonnie! Great post too! Your words really paint a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stuning card and I agree with you Fall is my favorite!! thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoroughly enjoyed your post - such a lovely description of autumn and your card reflects it so beautifully. So many lovely details to smile about in ur card. Thank you for joining us at mmcc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card/envelope and what a lovely post! I just love the effect you have achieved on that butterfly. Thanks for joining us at MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete